Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Black screen.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

xonix

hi

Alien Hominid is set to perfect emulation in dolphin but when i want to load the game it just stuck in a black screenDodgy

got the same prob in Eternal Darkness(the name is a curse)Dodgy

wonder whats the problemHuh

Directx and Graphic driver is up to date btw.
Please post your system specs and the revision you are using.

Also, if your settings are not default, please tell us what you have changed.
Eternal Darkness hasn't even loaded to the menu in many, many revisions. It gets stuck in a video loop. If you'd open the log on full verbosity you'd see:
Code:
15:45:332 D[VI]: (VI->BeginField): addr: 00662480 | FieldSteps 40 | FbSteps 80 | ACV 0 | Field Lower
15:45:347 D[VI]: (VI->BeginField): addr: 00661F80 | FieldSteps 40 | FbSteps 80 | ACV 0 | Field Upper
15:45:363 D[VI]: (VI->BeginField): addr: 00662480 | FieldSteps 40 | FbSteps 80 | ACV 0 | Field Lower
15:45:379 D[VI]: (VI->BeginField): addr: 00661F80 | FieldSteps 40 | FbSteps 80 | ACV 0 | Field Upper
15:45:394 D[VI]: (VI->BeginField): addr: 00662480 | FieldSteps 40 | FbSteps 80 | ACV 0 | Field Lower
15:45:410 D[VI]: (VI->BeginField): addr: 00661F80 | FieldSteps 40 | FbSteps 80 | ACV 0 | Field Upper
for all eternity. It's probably a completely different problem for Alien Hominid, though.

zweifuss

Yeah Alien Hominid hasn't worked for me for the longest time either! I have tried posting it as a bug on the google code site, but one of the devs said it worked for him and deemed the bug invalid. Oh well. I was disappointed that the game ended up being sprites in the end, I always thought it was vector-based like Wario Shake-it. Cause the game looks the exact same when the resolution is increased from the native.

zweifuss

I just discovered through a video on YouTube that this game worked and still does on revision 2390. I tried to submit it as an issue on the google code site but the devs shut me down cause it worked for one of them. Basically why there is only a black screen is because there is an initial message that says the memory card is corrupted. If you press X and continue though, you can hear music and even navigate through the menus blindly and try to play the game. So it is working in the background but the video is somehow not coming through. It sucks being the little guy and not being able to report a legitimate bug, but I suppose that's how things will be.

tagart1973

did anyone fix this problem already... im having thesame problem... help plz...
i had this one too...wat fixed it for me is modifying my updated drivers before i installed them...

cmccmc

ill update the database to say it doesn't work. It Won't even go ingame right?
BLUE FALCON

cmccmc

so it's fixed? Yes or no
Pages: 1 2