Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS-Drops und Sound Glitches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

turnspit

Hi all!

I just installed Dolphin to my TV-PC and dumped a couple of my games to test how this thing works. So far I dumped F-Zero GX, Metroid Prime 2, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Super Mario Sunshine and none of them runs really flawlessly, with F-Zero being by far the worst. Laggy (sound and graphics) menues and random performance drops to 60% and less while racing. Metroid Prime 2 crashed in the beginning when I opened the first door. The other games run better, but with glitches as well.

I know, it's just an emulator and no game will run perfectly, but there must still be room to increase the performance! I've attached screenshots of my configuration, perhaps anybody has an idea on what to change for the better.

Oh, and I'm using a XBOX 360 controller and the left analog stick mapping seems to be a little glitchy too. Most of the time it still moves, although I'm not touching the stick. May increasing the deadzone help?

My computer should be strong enough, you can find the specs in my profile.

Thanks in advance guys!

Cheers!
Your CPU is strong enough.
However for F-Zero GX you'll need to overclock. This game being very demanding. Stock clock isn't enough to get the best performance.
It's also recommended to overclock for Metroid Prime 1/2/3 and Zelda TP/SS. Some parts of these games are really demanding too.
Zelda WW and SMS will work fine. These are "light" games
The analog stick issue can be fixed by increasing the deadzone, yeah. Increase it until there's no red dot in there when you're not touching the stick.

The sound issues can be fixed by using LLE in any build and on any game; in current dev builds, HLE's received a good bit of TLC and works flawlessly for most games, but four of the five games you mentioned still have issues with it (ZWW/ZTP/SMS are Zelda µcode games and weren't affected by the HLE work, and Metroid Prime 2 exhibits one of the two known bugs in delroth's otherwise-flawless AX/AXWii emulation code) so you may as well just completely ignore its existence. Keep in mind, though, that LLE is a good bit slower than HLE, and when a game runs at less than full speed with LLE (or delroth's HLE) it stutters.

And, yeah, overclock. Seriously.