Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cannot Get Smooth Gameplay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

pmo2408

Hey All,

I'm currently trying to play Super Smash Bros Melee on my computer in full screen and cant seem to have smooth game play. I'm getting around 40-50 fps rather than 60 fps and it is just too slow to overlook. My specs should be up to standards enough to run the game smoothly according to other forums who have posted with similar CPU's and GPU's. I have tried other forums suggestions to optimize dolphin and have gotten nowhere. Any how, I was hoping someone would have something in mind to solve this problem. It lags no matter what resolution I use even. And yes, my bios is on switch so I am only using my dedicated GPU which should be able to handle this game.

SPECS:
Operating System: Windows 7
Processor/CPU: Intel i7-2630QM @ 2.00GHz
Video Card/GPU: Radeon HD 6770M 1 GB
Memory/RAM: 6 GB
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.5-367

Thanks to anyone willing to help out.
Read this thread and see if anything makes sense to you -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-can...able-speed

pmo2408

Alright I did just like you stated in that forum.

I played SSBM at fullscreen 1080p for 10 mins. Started out at 60 fps, then went to around 45-50 after the 10 minutes.

[Image: DRUK8xu.jpg]

Is my computer just overheating? Hence why the core speed keeps fluctuating from 2.0 MHz to 800 MHz? Also This CPU should be able to TB to 2.9...
Load only 3,5->7̀% ! Are you sure Dolphin is running while you check your laptop temp with Real temp ?
Quote:Also This CPU should be able to TB to 2.9...
Nope , 2.9GHz is single core turbo boost
Quote:i7 2630QM Turbo frequency :
2900 MHz (1 core)
2800 MHz (2 cores)
2600 MHz (3 or 4 cores )
Because Dolphin is a dual core app , your turbo boost speed should jump between 2.6->2.8GHz
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_i7/In...630QM.html

Please check this thread (Post #8 and up) and set multiplier = 28
(05-30-2013, 04:13 PM)pmo2408 Wrote: [ -> ]Also This CPU should be able to TB to 2.9...

Anyway it wouldn't be enough for most games. Your CPU is a bit weak for most games.
SSBM isn't very demanding and you get only 70-80% speed. Which other games are you planning to play?
Obligatory warning that I'm *really* tired of giving out: 3.5-367 is an old build that you got from an unofficial site. There are newer builds on the official site: http://dolphin-emu.org/download/
as others have said your cpu is a bit on the slow side.

you should try the stable version of 3.5 or 3.0 if the games compatiblity isnt hindered for a speedup.
What`s wrong with these core cpus? i have seen a lot of complaints about them...
(05-31-2013, 02:06 AM)omega_rugal Wrote: [ -> ]What`s wrong with these core cpus? i have seen a lot of complaints about them...
2.4ghz is the problem and this i7 model is very weak,you should've saved money and bought an i5 3570k 3.4ghz with a nice cheap CPU Cooler and overclock it up to 4.3ghz wich is enough for real,or atleast save more cash and get the non "k" version and still have 3.4ghz wich is way better than 2.4ghz Smile
(05-31-2013, 02:06 AM)omega_rugal Wrote: [ -> ]What`s wrong with these core cpus? i have seen a lot of complaints about them...

To put it simply : Multi-media laptop is not good for Dolphin
Laptop overheat -> CPU will throttle -> Dolphin will not be happy