Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to access the Game Cube memory card while emulating a wii?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

spined_wurm

Hey, I wasn't sure whether to post this on the support forum or not, but decided on general since it's more of a general question.

I recently beat Fire Emblem Path of Radiance on the Dolphin Emulator, and now want to play Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for the Wii. The Wii game has the option to import data from a Game Cube memory card.

I know that you can insert a Game Cube memory card into an actual Wii, and was wondering if there was anyway for Dolphin to recognize the Game Cube memory card file it creates while emulating the Wii.
If you got a savefile of Path of Radiance in your virtual MC (User/GC) Radiant Dawn will find it as if it were a real MC. When you start the game you'll be asked if you wanna load the file

spined_wurm

The virtual memory card is in the gc/user file, but upon starting a new game on Radiant Dawn, the doesn't ask me if I would like to import anything. I just realized that the disc from which I got the Radiant Dawn ISO is PAL, while the Fire Emblem one is NTSC. Could this have anything to do with the issue, or do I need to adjust settings?

Will provide any screenshots upon request. I apologize as this seems to have turned into a support question.
(05-30-2013, 04:23 AM)spined_wurm Wrote: [ -> ]I just realized that the disc from which I got the Radiant Dawn ISO is PAL, while the Fire Emblem one is NTSC.

Here is your problem

spined_wurm

I've been living in Peru for the last couple of years, the games they sell are not all from the same region. Anyway, thanks for your help, guess I'll go try to find an NTSC Radiant Dawn game.
Depending on the game, it's sometimes easy to convert a PAL GC memory card save to NTSC and vice versa. I converted an NTSC Wind Waker save to PAL some time ago using a hex editor. There are probably automated tools to do this if you search around.

spined_wurm

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely look into conversion!