Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Get higher FPS without speeding up game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Therealrhyno

I have been playing Twilight Princess lately. I am completely new to Dolphin though I understand most of the settings and all that. I am wondering if it is possible to play it at 60 FPS rather than 30 without speeding up the game itself. I have read threads here and elsewhere about Twilight Princess being a game that runs at 60 FPS, yet when I play with the frame limit on Auto or Audio it caps at 30. I am playing the GameCube version of the game.
This game runs 30 FPS for NTSC versions; it is not a 60 FPS game. Most Gamecube games use frame-dependent motion; however far a character moves onscreen in a given time is dependent on the FPS. You can force Dolphin to specifically run this game at 60 FPS, but it will make things run twice as fast as before. You would have to alter the game code itself to get it to natively run at 60 FPS.

Therealrhyno

(05-29-2013, 02:48 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]This game runs 30 FPS for NTSC versions; it is not a 60 FPS game. Most Gamecube games use frame-dependent motion; however far a character moves onscreen in a given time is dependent on the FPS. You can force Dolphin to specifically run this game at 60 FPS, but it will make things run twice as fast as before. You would have to alter the game code itself to get it to natively run at 60 FPS.
Ah okay. Thanks for the reply. A mod can lock this post.