Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory breakpoints not triggering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Altimor

I got a compiled x64 debugfast build from http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-bre...debug-mode and memory breakpoints don't seem to be working. I've tried clicking next to the address in the memory view and manually setting the address range from the breakpoints tab. Nothing shows up in the log and the breakpoint doesn't trigger even though I can see the value being written to in the memory tab and the game obviously reads it when I change it.
The breakpoint will get hit on the instruction after the memory access. Not ideal, but it's just the way Dolphin has been designed. In the breakpoints window, checking the "Break" option will set this.

The log of memory accesses will be shown at INFO level for the "MI memmap" log configuration. This is enabled by checking the "Log" option in the breakpoints window.

Altimor

I'm aware the BPs trigger on the instruction afterward, my problem is they aren't triggering at all. Dolphin never breaks or logs them.

EDIT: It seems the interpreter core isn't getting enabled for some reason. I set it to be on by default but the BPs still aren't triggering.
Are you using the latest revision of Dolphin? Can't think of many reasons why BP's would not work, sorry...

Altimor

I'm using 3.5-1375. I added logging to ReadFromHardware and it's getting thousands of calls per frame, so it's triggering properly but not with that address.

If it'll help the address is 0x024d7b9c/0x824d7b9c in Metroid Prime Trilogy. In Prime 1 your view yaw lerps to the value contained in that address, so it's read constantly.
That doesn't sound like a valid address, MEM1 is only 24MB so 0x017FFFFF/0x817FFFFF is the location of the last byte.