Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Good Enough for the Galaxies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I haven't quite been able to figure out the Solution for my various 'Lag Spikes' (See this Thread: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ran...lag-spikes ) , part of me has to wonder if the problems are more from My Computer itself than anything else: There are only a few games where the lag is prominent in-game as opposed to just loading, so I'm left wondering if they're just a itty-bitty bit too far out of my range. Since the SMG games (Both 1 and 2) Seem to have this issue more than any other games likely due to the graphical intensity, perhaps someone can tell me what settings would work best for it? I'd appriciate the help. Anyways, onto Specs:

Operating System:Windows 7 x64Processor/CPU:Intel ® Core™ i7 -3720QM CPU @ 2.60 GHzVideo Card/GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675mMemory/RAM:16.0 GB

I can provide pictures of my current settings if need be, but I'd rather just get recommendations on what my settings SHOULD be.
Nope , SMG 1 & 2 + LLE (or the new HLE) require i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz
(05-26-2013, 09:33 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope , SMG 1 & 2 + LLE (or the new HLE) require i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz
Ah. Well shoot. Oh well, they mostly run at 60, so that's good enough for now I suppose.
Try Vbeam trick :
_Right-click the game - Properties - Tick Vbeam and untick Idle Skipping
Recommend Dolphin 3.5 stable version + LLE back end
(05-26-2013, 09:53 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Try Vbeam trick :
_Right-click the game - Properties - Tick Vbeam and untick Idle Skipping
Recommend Dolphin 3.5 stable version + LLE back end
That helped immensley! Hardly and stuttering now. Thank you very much.