Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my PC good enough to use LLE audio?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My specs are in my sig. I have audio issues with a lot of games so someone recommended I use LLE audio. The audio was kind of choppy/messed up still, so I was thinking my CPU is too slow.

However on the PC hierarchy thread it says an i5 will run dolphin fastest, and I have an i5. So what do I need to do to maximize its potential?
To get LLE to work properly you need to run the game full-speed. If you can't run your game full-speed the sound will be choppy. So it depends more on the game you're playing than LLE itself.
Alternatively you can use latest builds with HLE (new AX-HLE) but the problem will be the same. You need to run the game full-speed to get new AX-HLE to work properly. However HLE is a bit less demanding than LLE.
Now some games will work fine with your CPU. But your CPU will be too weak for the most demanding games. And for these games you can forget LLE
Hm. Is there a way to "overclock" my CPU so it will be closer to 4 GHz, instead of its standard 2.7? Someone mentioned the term to me but I don't know how to do it/what it really means.
You must have "K" CPU such as i5 2500k , i5 3570k... and a mobo that support overclocking (P67 , Z68 ,z75,z77,z79)
Oh, I see. Darn. So it looks like I definitely need a new computer.
Or just use Vbeam trick
Um, admin89, that link loops right back to this thread. Oops?
Fixed Tongue