Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: wbfs question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

as i understand it, dolphin supports wbfs. I have a hdd partitioned to wbfs full of games in wbfs format which i use with my wii using a usb loader. However, i want to use these games in my new pc build using Dolphin. I can get them from the wbfs hdd in an iso format using wbfs manager, but i want to keep them in the wbfs format as they are much smaller. Unfortunately wbfs manager doesnt do this so i was wondering is anyone knew of a program that would allow me to extract the file from the wbfs hdd as an wbfs image. If there isnt one, is there a program that will at least convert an iso into wbfs format, that doesnt need to extract it on to an WBFS drive.)

thanks

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Just extract them all to ISOs, then add the ROM folder into Dolphin. Right-click each ISO, click compress, and then delete the uncompressed ISO after it's done. Just be careful not to delete any cames you haven't compressed yet.
Dolphin does supports WBFS natively, but I've tried using it and sometimes the games won't load. So it might not be as reliable.
Ok thanks, i didn't realise i could do it via dolphin. Cheers. If wbfs is a little hit an miss i may try the wbfs first and if it works than i guess i am able to delete the iso.
If your external drive has an actual WBFS partition, *why*? Every Wii USB loader these days supports .wbfs or even plain .iso files on an NTFS or FAT32 partition.
My wii hdd was done way back in the old days so the whole drive is partitioned to wbfs. It's got 450gb of wbfs files on it so I'm not messing around partitioning the drive when the wbfs drive works fine and also compresses each file so well. For dolphin I'm building my own arcade cab and incorporating many emu's including dolphin so everything will be on a separate 2tb hdd. Hopefully the wbfs files will work well so I'm not using over 4gb for each wii game.