Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my PC good enough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying many different guides out there on different ways to set up the settings to get games to run and so far everything still seems to go a tad slow (not super laggy, but noticeable during some moments, like super graphics heavy cut scenes, and mostly just with the sound as it will slightly crackle during these moments.)
Since nothing anyone else has done has helped thus far, I am starting to think it might be more of a hardware issue.

In reality I am only trying to get it to run one game smoothly enough to not have these issues, and that is Skies of Arcadia Legends.

Here are my specs (Hopefully I managed to list all the important stuff, I will also be adding an attachment of my DxDiag in case anyone can better troubleshoot that way)

System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

RAM: 3gig DDR2 (If more info on this is needed I can dig it up, was just being lazy at the time)

HDD: 500gig SATA Something or other (Again info needs to be dug up, it can be if needed)

Video: Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT (Display mem: 2.2gig - Dedicated mem: 1gig - Shared mem: 1.2gig)

I am not the one who built this pc hence why I don't have all the specs memorized and will have to go digging for more detailed info, which is why I am also including my DxDiag... So who ever decides to be kind enough to look this over and give some suggestions I would greatly appreciate it, and would like to thank you in advance for your time.
Quote:Is my PC good enough
Depending on the game ... Light-weight game should run ok
Nvidia 9400GT can handle 1x Internal Resolution (640x528) , keep the graphic at minimum then you will be fine
Core 2 Quad is too old . Dolphin is a dual core application -> Most game will run slow
If you want more speed , you will have to overclock it to 3.2GHz or higher .
Do at your own risk though overclocking is not dangerous (at least for me) if you can keep using low voltage
So I have tried everything I possibly can to get my processor up to 3.2 GHz but it seems the highest i can manage is 3.07 GHz... is there any other way to get the results i am looking for? I really want to go back and play through Skies of arcadia legends again, i tried messing with the graphics settings again, but now I have managed to make it worse, and it will start kind of sped up but during the opening cut scene it will freeze or lock up.