Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying to run a game (Project: M) at 100%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to run Project: M on my computer at 100% (Or as close as possible). I have everything set up as far as actually playing Project: M. My issue now is that there are tons of stuttering issues. The audio cuts out nonstop once I select a stage, and there is some pretty significant lag going on. However, the game is telling me that I'm getting a consistent 60 fps.

My settings are basically default, the only things I have checked are "Use Fullscreen" and "Show FPS" under the graphics section. I feel like I should be able to run this game at higher settings than this with my specs, but right now I can't even run the game at default settings.

I'm posting this here rather than the Brawl thread because I don't think that this issue is related to Project: M only since this issues aren't listed in that thread as current known issues for the game. Also, the issues occur in Brawl as well, not just in Project: M.

Thanks everyone! Big Grin

Specs:
Core i7 3770k CPU
Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT with Boost (2 GB)
16 GB Corsair Ram
Dolphin 3.5-1375 x64
The creator of Project M has been working on porting it to Dolphin properly. Basically, Project M cannot run in Dolphin yet. A lot of the codes he uses break in Dolphin. Right now, you can only get a partial experience.

As for the problems you experience, your CPU is awesome, so I'm going to assume you don't get these issues in brawl. That means it's probably Project M that's the problem here. I don't really believe there is a solution for that at this time. If you get it with Brawl Vanilla however, you have something wrong that you need to fix.
(05-25-2013, 03:00 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]The creator of Project M has been working on porting it to Dolphin properly. Basically, Project M cannot run in Dolphin yet. A lot of the codes he uses break in Dolphin. Right now, you can only get a partial experience.

As for the problems you experience, your CPU is awesome, so I'm going to assume you don't get these issues in brawl. That means it's probably Project M that's the problem here. I don't really believe there is a solution for that at this time. If you get it with Brawl Vanilla however, you have something wrong that you need to fix.
Thanks for the response. I failed to mention that the issues are there in Brawl as well. But it seems to make more sense when I play Brawl. Lag and audio stuttering begins when more than a few things are happening at once. (Like when Olimar plucks Pikmin, or when you pick up and use an item that has some effect that lasts more than 1 second.) My frame rate dropped to 50 when lag starting happening.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Sad Darn..
Give people some time dude, sheesh. So it's a Brawl issue, and not Project M. So, what have you tried to do to fix it?
Sorry for being impatient, it wasn't really meant to sound rude or ungrateful so I apologize for coming off that way.

I haven't tried all that much just because I'm not sure what I'm doing. I figured if it doesn't run with the default settings.. Something might be wrong with my hardware. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Things I have tried:
Changing the DSP Emulator Engine to DSP LLE interpreter
Unchecking Speed up Disc Transfer Rate and... Something else under Core in properties... Can't remember what the other thing was though.
Tried changing the Backend to Direct3D9
Changed Internal Resolution to auto
Unchecked Scaled EFB Copy
Tried running in a window

I just tried to battle zelda and whenever she transformed the game would lag until she was done. That makes it seem like my computer isn't able to handle it.. But.. Could that really be the case? This computer is only a few months old and I feel like it should be able to handle it.

I'm going to rip melee from my disc and see how it handles it.

Thanks for the help! Big Grin

P.S.
Dolphin is on my secondary hard drive (2TB 7200 RPM Drive).. That doesn't matter does it?
(05-27-2013, 06:17 PM)haydendavenport Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to download melee and see how it handles it.

Quote:Rules
All users must accept and abide by the following rules when posting in these forums:

Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon, to prevent legal issues. You may not post links or refer to any kind of BIOS, ISO, Game that has been illegally obtained or shared.
Furthermore, discussion pertaining to "ROM"s is only allowed when it relates to the DSP.
If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked.
Stating that you've downloaded an ISO will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not.
Downloading a game is a good way to get yourself an easy 2-week ban, so don't do it. Get yourself a copy of SSBM the legit way. Use a Wii (doesn't even have to be yours, you can use a friend's) and use Homebrew Software like CleanRip or USBLoader GX to get a proper dump of Melee. Downloading games is copyright infringement in most countries, and we don't allow that kind of talk here. Consider yourself lucky for being warned, since you haven't actually done any downloading yet.
(05-28-2013, 04:41 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Downloading a game is a good way to get yourself an easy 2-week ban, so don't do it. Get yourself a copy of SSBM the legit way. Use a Wii (doesn't even have to be yours, you can use a friend's) and use Homebrew Software like CleanRip or USBLoader GX to get a proper dump of Melee. Downloading games is copyright infringement in most countries, and we don't allow that kind of talk here. Consider yourself lucky for being warned, since you haven't actually done any downloading yet.
Sorry I thought that it was called downloading even if you downloaded the game directly from your disc, but I guess it's called dumping or ripping? I changed my wording in the original post.
Pages: 1 2