Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio starts to produce static noises after 1:30 hours of play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Usually around an hour and a half of emulation, static noises start to fill the audio and actual game audio becomes barely audible. This also has nothing to do with my framerate as it always stay at 60fps. It's happened on every game, every audio backend, and every build I've tried. Anyone know anything about this?
Others are experiencing similar problems. Check out user haddockd's threads. Except for him it only happens with LLE. So far no one has been able to figure anything out about it. Most people don't experience the problem. Maybe you two could find some common link between your systems.
(05-25-2013, 06:58 AM)Xalphenos Wrote: [ -> ]Others are experiencing similar problems. Check out user haddockd's threads. Except for him it only happens with LLE. So far no one has been able to figure anything out about it. Most people don't experience the problem. Maybe you two could find some common link between your systems.
Does he also use a Xonar DX?
drhycodan, are you using DSP HLE? Also, which game(s) have you heard this in?
I have indeed been interested in this issue. In addition to skid's questions: what build(s) have you tried that give you the static?

Also what is Xonar DX?
Xonar is a brand of audio cards from Asus. DX is a particular model in their lineup.
Oh. Then no. I used the onboard RealTek and my ATI 6970's HDMI output and both gave me the static.
I use LLE, never needed to use HLE since I can run full speed with LLE. The games I've tested are SMG, Zelda TP, Tales of Symphonia, and MGS: TS. I've used every build since 3.5.
Okay, I just tested Tales of Symphonia with HLE and it also makes static noise at around 1:30 hour.
Can you test one of the games with the 3.0 build if possible, just to see if it goes all the way back like mine does?
hadokened, do you run the DSP on a dedicated thread?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6