Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin & VBA-M - Zelda Four Swords cannot load state (Socket was removed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

$outhside

Hi, i've got problem with linking Dolphin with VBA-M
I try to play Zelda Four Swords Adv. with 2 Players option.
Okay, Dolphin is running, double VBA-M's are running,
-bioses are enabled,
-Joybus set at 127.0.0.1
-pause when inactive unchecked
-Enable GBA Linking checked
Got Red and Green "Look At the TV screen" at VBA-M's...
Game sees it. GREAT, we can play !
THEN i save my game with Shift+F1 and then i load my game with F1 and BAM:

[Image: 14492049937258017172.jpg]
(sometimes it displays Socket 2, sometimes Socket 1)
(sometimes if i load it, it works, then for the test i load it again and above thing is happening)
When i am loading up my game in dolphin, VBA-M's are automatically relaunching bioses (boot screen with gameboy)
and in dolphin happens what you can see in the picture Angry.

So, if i would never load up, it would be running fine with 2 players.
i use:
Dolphin 3.0-862
VBA-M 1030B
and YES i have tried different versions of dolphin and vba-m's still same issue.
Help Needed Idea
tl;dr: if you don't want problems, don't use Dolphin's state save feature. Use ingame saving instead.

$outhside

(05-25-2013, 01:28 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]tl;dr: if you don't want problems, don't use Dolphin's state save feature. Use ingame saving instead.

I was expecting some better advice Big Grin this one is obvious.
but thanks for reply...
It might work if you save and loaded the stated with each gameboy at the same time, but probably not. I'm not sure why you expected that to work.
(05-25-2013, 01:50 AM)$outhside Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-25-2013, 01:28 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]tl;dr: if you don't want problems, don't use Dolphin's state save feature. Use ingame saving instead.
I was expecting some better advice Big Grin this one is obvious.
but thanks for reply...
One would think so, but lots of users are coming to our forums expecting Dolphin's state save feature to be a perfect replacement for ingame saving. Just wanted to make sure you're aware of the fact that this is not the case Wink

$outhside

(05-25-2013, 01:28 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]One would think so, but lots of users are coming to our forums expecting Dolphin's state save feature to be a perfect replacement for ingame saving. Just wanted to make sure you're aware of the fact that this is not the case Wink

Yup that''s right Wink

(05-25-2013, 06:20 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]It might work if you save and loaded the stated with each gameboy at the same time, but probably not. I'm not sure why you expected that to work.

Already tried that, doesn't work Sad
Still waiting for some solution, is it just me having this problem?
You are running two different emulators, even if the save state support were 100% stable, I'm pretty sure that you would get a desync almost every time, because when you do this in Dolphin, VBA-M doesn't know that you're going to load a state, so, desync occur. You'll have to use only in-game saves...
Save state events could be passed from one emulator to the other. It's probably not implemented, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.
Looks like save states for the gba connection are not implemented in dolphin right now either.