Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with my games and ucode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know that AX and AX-Wii are getting super awesome (and they may already be there). Problem is, I don't know which of my games are AX and which are zelda ucode. Normally, I wouldn't care, but I cannot reliably use LLE (as most of you are painfully aware I'd imagine :p ).

My question is this: Which of my games can I use AX HLE with? Here is a screenie of my Dolphin list of games (only about 25 or so):

[Image: Untitled.png]

Thanks in advance!
Off the top of my head: smg1 and 2, windwaker, and twilight princess. Maybe mariokart wii but it works fine with HLE. I don't know about the Mario party games.
Mario Party is made by a 2nd party developer, so it uses AX HLE. Same with Super Sluggers, Mario Golf, on and on. Kirby Returns to Dreamland might use the Zelda uCode, but by that point Nintendo started to use AX for even it's own games (example: Skyward Sword).
OK, so out of all the games listed above, these have been confirmed to be Zelda ucode by the fine folks who replied so far:
SMG1 & 2
WW
TP
Mario Kart Wii

We have a few maybes out there. Anyone else have any additional insight?
I keep this list in Simplenote for quick pasting:

List of Zelda µcode games (incomplete):
-GameCube BIOS
-Luigi's Mansion
-Animal Crossing (possibly City Folk as well?)
-Pikmin/Pikmin 2 (both GC and Wii "New Play Control!" versions)
-Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat
-Zelda: Wind Waker/Twilight Princess (oddly, Skyward Sword uses AXWii)
-Super Mario Sunshine/Galaxy/Galaxy 2
-Mario Kart: Double Dash (possibly MKWii as well?)
-Possibly a few Mario Party games (too many of them, dunno which are Hudson and which are Nintendo)
(General rule of thumb: if Nintendo's internal development teams built the whole game (e.g. didn't have Retro Studios or Hudson or whoever do the main developin'), it uses the Zelda µcode.)
pauldacheez: All Mario Party games are made by Hudson Soft, except for Mario Party 9, which was made by NDcube. However, according to wikipedia, the president of Hudson left it to head NDcube, and took most of the Mario Party developers with him. So NDcube pretty much IS Hudson. I haven't tested them all so I'm not 100% sure, but I know Mario party 4 and 5 use AX, and I see no reason for that to have changed in the others.
@haddockd - If you're ever in doubt, you can always grab a debug-fast build and watch the log output for DSP HLE messages. Dolphin will then tell you which ucode you're booting.
Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Super Paper Mario uses AX UCode... Paper Mario TTYD uses a different UCode, it isn't Zelda neither AX (last time I google'd around I found weird results, like "GBA UCode")...
(05-24-2013, 02:50 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Paper Mario TTYD uses a different UCode, it isn't Zelda neither AX (last time I google'd around I found weird results, like "GBA UCode")...

Ah yes, not too many games use that ucode. I haven't even studied the relevant code in Dolphin used to emulate it. I've been wondering which games used it, now I know at least one. I'll have to see this for myself since I have the game. Thanks for the heads-up Big Grin
MKWii uses AXWii. Paper Mario TTYd uses AX as well. DebugFast isn't required to see the AX log messages (there's a WARN log message when initializing CUCode_AX).
Pages: 1 2