Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Little Dolphin Features /speed increase?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Too many people fight against low fps trying kill services,dual core on/off
ecc,
but there are some little features on dolphin that make me like this Huh
I know that settings are differents beetween games but i think these options is about all of them.
for example:

1) Why use resolutions like 2880x800,1600x1024,ecc,isn't dolphin like normal games where low resolution = high performances?
understand that Native resolution must be off so 640x480 is better or not that the others?

2)some games use 50 hz or 60 Hrz frequency, which is better for high performances?(my monitor is set to 60Hz )

3)anisotropic filter? low= +fps?

4) force bilinear/trilinear? on or off

5)lock thread to the core?(i don't know what is Rolleyes)

I don't want great graphic , only fun with a playable game.
for the best performance, the only options u need to change are:

enable dual core = ticked (if u have a dual core cpu)

native resolution = off (set resolution to 640x480. higher resolutions are for high end computers that can handle it, some people like to play in hd)

dsp hle other audio = off

for everything else just leave the default settings. if u still dont get playable speeds, u need to upgrade your cpu.
(07-25-2009, 01:33 AM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]for the best performance, the only options u need to change are:

enable dual core = ticked (if u have a dual core cpu)

native resolution = off (set resolution to 640x480. higher resolutions are for high end computers that can handle it, some people like to play in hd)

dsp hle other audio = off

for everything else just leave the default settings. if u still dont get playable speeds, u need to upgrade your cpu.

yes thanks , is ok but i ' ve opened this thread because maybe someone have tried differents solutions with this options.
If you are struggling to play on your computer just play on your wii...
the whole purpose of dolphin for me is hd and cheat mode. beats the hell out of playing on the console Big Grin
If you're using Dolphin to play games at native resolution, you're not doing it right. 'nuff said.
(07-25-2009, 02:07 AM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]the whole purpose of dolphin for me is hd and cheat mode. beats the hell out of playing on the console Big Grin

If your struggling to play in normal definition your not going to be playing in hd and cheat mode is useless if the game is halfspeed
(07-25-2009, 04:26 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2009, 02:07 AM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]the whole purpose of dolphin for me is hd and cheat mode. beats the hell out of playing on the console Big Grin

If your struggling to play in normal definition your not going to be playing in hd and cheat mode is useless if the game is halfspeed

this isnt my thread Tongue
(07-25-2009, 04:30 AM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2009, 04:26 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]

this isnt my thread Tongue

Just sayin Tongue