Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: CPU Temps with Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

epicrean

So while playing FZERO I was monitoring my CPU temps...

67 C
This seems high but I am not a CPU temp expert

I5 3560K 3.4ghz stock cooler
What is your room temp? 67c isn't too high for this processor but you could probably get it lower with some effort.
Buy aftermarket cooler (Cooler Master 212 Evo) and aftermarket thermal compound (Arctic MX-4) if you want to overclock that CPU for demanding games
67C is normal for stock cooler Intel
Mine is 52C (Prime95 full load) , CPU is 1.3GHz overclocked (2.6->3.9GHz)
67 C is not high at all for a modern cpu.
(05-23-2013, 05:31 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]67 C is not high at all for a modern cpu.
you do not need to be worried at all at that temp. You are completly safe at that temp.
Dolphin is a dual core application so 67C is not full load temp . If he encode a video or do sth that max out CPU load , he will get arround 80C
And if he decide to overclock , temp will go higher than that
The Ivy Bridge stock cooler suck. You won't be able to overclock very far on that thing. Get a proper heatsink if you want to OC - http://www.frostytech.com/
My laptop reaches 100c with Dolphin and some other heavy applications, and shuts of-_- apparantly something got borked and I have to get it repaired (not sure what, the fan is still pretty noisy) It's a Dell XPS 15z. (I thought I had seen the biggest issues with this laptop already, I was wrong several times...)
OEM/stock thermal pound die very fast and suck , that's why you reach 100C . You need to clean the old thermal compound then apply aftermarket one such as Arctic MX-4
Agreed 100 is WAY too high. I try not to let mine get over 72 ...ever.