Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rate my laptop please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really like this laptop and wondering how many of the demanding games I'd be able to play full speed:

Core i7-3940xm
8gb ram
Nvidia Quadro k5000m w/ 4gb
Win 7 ultimate x64

Thanks!
The Pokémon games, Zelda games, and F-zero GX are demanding games that should run well. Unless overclocked super demanding games wouldn't be full speed (Super Mario Galaxy 1+2, The Last Story, Xenoblade).
Overclock it to 4.2GHz or higher and then we will rate your laptop as "excellent"
Extreme Edition fully support overclocking
I seriously doubt he would be able to overclock that laptop that high without getting the temps in the dangerous range.
I've seen a certain user on this forum did it , he has i7 3940XM inside his alienware 18" or sth
Well , it all depends on laptop cooling capacibilty
Btw , the max clock speed of that CPU you can squeeze out is 4.6GHz (not recommended)
I just wouldn't ever recommend any "normal" user overclock their laptop unless they really know what is going on. People have cooling issues without overclocking. Telling them to overclock would only lead to more issues. I think you know what you're doing, but that doesn't mean that everyone else does.
Yeah , i should add this line "I won't take any responsibility if anything happens to your laptop"
(05-22-2013, 07:41 AM)Nameless Mofo Wrote: [ -> ]wondering how many of the demanding games I'd be able to play full speed

List the games you've been planning to play
(05-22-2013, 09:54 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2013, 07:41 AM)Nameless Mofo Wrote: [ -> ]wondering how many of the demanding games I'd be able to play full speed

List the games you've been planning to play
Hi LordVador, thanks for the reply:

REmake
RE0
RE4
Xenoblade
Last Story (I know I won't get full speed on this one)
Eternal Darkness
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Zelda TP
Zelda WW
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes

My current laptop has a good cpu (i5-3360m) but crappy integrated intel hd4000 gpu, and that gets full speed on REmake, RE0, Eternal Darkness, and near full speed in SoA Legends. It really only sucks at RE4 and Xenoblade, which are both more gpu-intensive than the others.
Zelda TP - Hyrule Field and TLS - Lazulis Town require i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz or equivalent CPU
The rest should run full speed with your CPU + Turbo Boost ( 3.7 GHz for 4 active cores, 3.8 GHz for 2 active cores)
You can control Turbo Boost manually :
Set multiplier = 37 -> 37x100 = 3700MHz ~ 3.7GHz
Unlike overclocking , Turbo Boost is totally safe
Edit : Skies of Arcadia Legends + LLE won't run full speed with your CPU
Pages: 1 2