Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Animal Crossing Clock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Sharks80

Hi,

Yesterday, I tried to play Animal Crossing City Folk on Dolphin, the game works fine BUT I have a question, this game is usually using real time clock so if you're playing at 9am you save the game exit Dolphin and load it 2 hours later it's supposed to be 11am.
But for me it loads the clock when I last saved the game so whenever i'll load my save it will be 9am !

Do you know if there is a way to use the real comptuer clock or something ?
Are you using in-game saves or savestates?

Sharks80

i'm using savestates but i'll try in game saves !

EDIT : Thank you it's working ! didn't know the in game save is working ! Thanks a lot
If you use savestates there's no way real time clock can work. It's as if you made a pause and resumed later on.
In-game saves make part of the game itself. So it will take into account real time clock

Sharks80

Okay ! Thank you for your quick / clear and working answer Big Grin
If you want more information, I've screwed with the real-time clock (RTC) enough in Animal Crossing (the original GC one, but this should apply to all games) that I've figured out exactly how Dolphin handles it.

-The clock is set to your computer's clock time *only* when the game boots up – while in-game, it won't reset itself to your system time, which allows you to change the system time to whatever you want before starting the game, then change it back once the game's running without the game noticing. (This is how I never miss an in-game day in Animal Crossing, even if I manage to forget about the game for a whole IRL week.)

-The RTC runs at the same speed that the game runs; if you're running at 50% speed, one in-game second = two IRL seconds, and if you're running at 200% speed, one IRL second = two in-game seconds. So if Tom Nook's store opens in a half-hour and you're impatient, just hold Tab to make Dolphin run the game as fast as it can until his store opens. (Or just go fishing for a bit.)

-As you've noticed, save states don't reset the RTC. The RTC *never* gets reset while in-game – if the clock ran too fast or too slow compared to the emulated CPU, or if the time suddenly changed, the game would probably get suspicious or confused and things would start breaking. (I don't want to test this.)

Also, according to your profile, you're using an old build that you got from the wrong site. I'm tired of seeing the number 367, so go get a MUCH newer version from here: http://dolphin-emu.org/download/ (To keep your saves/settings, just copy the old build's User folder to the new build, replacing the User folder that's already in there.)

Sharks80

@Pauldacheez Thanks for the info but i wont mess with the clock and enjoy the game without " cheating " Tongue I was just mad because I really like these kind of games and whitout the real clock It's just useless

And thanks for the link, weird I thought I had it on the official website :lol: i'm downloading it =)

EDIT: this is where i get mine http://www. shall not be named/download.html , so this is a fake website ?!
Not fake, it used to be official, but we moved. The original maintainer never took it down, and the buildbot worked for his site up until 3.5-367.