Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What is the best
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What are the best processors and graphics card for running the most demanding of games on the dolphin emulator if money was no object.
If you're talking realistically, an overclocked i5 3570K and a Nvidia GTX 650 are able to run pretty much everything at full speed. If you're talking less realistically, an overclocked i7 3960X and a GTX Titan will plow through everything at double/triple speed. If you want to go into ridiculous territory, start researching supercomputer parts.
Stock or overclocked?

Stock: GTX Titan + i7 3970X
OC: GTX Titan + i7 2700K
An i7-3970X and a GTX Titan i guess.
EDIT: Ninja'd X2
(05-21-2013, 06:31 AM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]An i7-3970X and a GTX Titan i guess.
EDIT: Ninja'd X2
i am wanting to build my own computer eventually that can play the most demanding games on the dolphin emu easily.
Well in your original question you said:
Shadicbypass Wrote:if money was no object

Implying that this question was purely for fun/speculation. Realistically though money is always an object. Being reasonable about this a GTX 660 and 3570K would be plenty and is relatively affordable.
(05-21-2013, 07:19 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Well in your original question you said:
Shadicbypass Wrote:if money was no object

Implying that this question was purely for fun/speculation. Realistically though money is always an object. Being reasonable about this a GTX 660 and 3570K would be plenty and is relatively affordable.
yeah i want some super computer parts eventually but that will be a while. and while means a long time.
(05-21-2013, 06:27 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to go into ridiculous territory, start researching supercomputer parts.
Don't expect supercomputer parts to be better, as they use lots of reasonable processors, but Dolphin could only ever use 1 good processor.
(05-21-2013, 07:24 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2013, 06:27 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to go into ridiculous territory, start researching supercomputer parts.
Don't expect supercomputer parts to be better, as they use lots of reasonable processors, but Dolphin could only ever use 1 good processor.
yeah you got a point there but things like the gtx titan would beat the graphics for any other video card.
Realistically you're not going to be using any settings that would actually take advantage of the Titans horsepower.

As far as supercomputers go they do sometimes (rarely) use unique cooling solutions that would actually benefit us. With a high end custom phase change cooling system and a delided cpu you could create a sustainable cooling solution powerful enough to keep the cpu stable at core clock frequencies above 6GHz. Of course the question then becomes "how long until the cpu, vrm, or chipset inevitably die from the high voltage?".
Pages: 1 2 3