Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Progressive scan and resolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Xalphenos Wrote:No I didn't pay $200 for mine. I only payed about $100, the the vein attempt to make the GC not look like complete ass on my hd tv. There where still plenty being sold online for close to the $200 mark.

I would normally build my own and did look up the pinout. My memory is a little fuzzy but I think there was some kind of chip or circuit in the cable connector that made it it quite a bit harder than normal. There where some people who had done it but quality was sacrificed or something. I was still going to do it for my moded GC but never got around to it.

Yes the digital A/V port actually outputs YCbCr (a digital equivalent of YPbPr which is what component video uses) so you need a chip (active adapter). It can be converted to VGA (analog RGB), component (analog YPbPr), or DVI/HDMI (digital RGB). It's not worth it in my opinion but if you were to do it you really should build your own cable.
Pages: 1 2