Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: CPU Emulator Engine Changing in Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kazumakiryu

hi guys. im new heres.
i have a problem on dolphin.
the game i played is tree of tranquility, so it work great on dolphin. but when i turn on the gecko code which time control. the game freeze suddenly. so i notice the game first work on JIT64 then freeze when the engine change to interpreter64. can i disable the auto changing on engine or changing the engine while playing.
Thank in advance!
(05-21-2013, 12:04 AM)kazumakiryu Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys. im new heres.
the game i played is tree of tranquility, so it work great on dolphin. but when i turn on the gecko code which time control. the game freeze suddenly. so i notice the game first work on JIT64 then freeze when the engine change to interpreter64. can i disable the auto changing on engine or changing the engine while playing.
Thank in advance!
You can not disable that because the dolphin emu should not be doing that at all. Please post some pictures of your settings.

kazumakiryu

(05-21-2013, 12:29 AM)Shadicbypass Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2013, 12:04 AM)kazumakiryu Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys. im new heres.
Thank in advance!
You can not disable that because the dolphin emu should not be doing that at all. Please post some pictures of your settings.
really? as i say the game work fine without the gecko code. but when i turn on the gecko code (time control) the engine change suddenly. here the pic i taken.
the game start okay which when it use Jit64 then after sometime it change to interpreter64 which cause lag/freeze.
Sometimes Dolphin falls back to interpreter for certain instructions, so that's not necessarily a problem. In this case, obviously whichever code you're using isn't working properly, so don't use it. Be more specific about exactly what it is that you're doing and the code that you're using.

Also, you're using an old Dolphin build, use the download button at the top of the forum to download the latest development version. Maybe whatever you're doing will work with that version, or maybe it won't.
(05-21-2013, 04:45 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes Dolphin falls back to interpreter for certain instructions, so that's not necessarily a problem. In this case, obviously whichever code you're using isn't working properly, so don't use it. Be more specific about exactly what it is that you're doing and the code that you're using.

Also, you're using an old Dolphin build, use the download button at the top of the forum to download the latest development version. Maybe whatever you're doing will work with that version, or maybe it won't.
Let us know if it works correctly after you after upgraded to the latest version.

kazumakiryu

okay i already download the latest version 3.5-1351. its seem the gecko code which is time control still has the same problem. guess like Starscream said maybe it wont work.
but i know the code work cause in the previous version, i manage to change the time. its look like i have to play without the time control one.
(05-21-2013, 12:03 PM)kazumakiryu Wrote: [ -> ]okay i already download the latest version 3.5-1351. its seem the gecko code which is time control still has the same problem. guess like Starscream said maybe it wont work.
but i know the code work cause in the previous version, i manage to change the time. its look like i have to play without the time control one.
try finding a AR code that does the same thing but make sure it is not the same as the gecko code

kazumakiryu

(05-21-2013, 10:41 PM)Shadicbypass Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2013, 12:03 PM)kazumakiryu Wrote: [ -> ]okay i already download the latest version 3.5-1351. its seem the gecko code which is time control still has the same problem. guess like Starscream said maybe it wont work.
try finding a AR code that does the same thing but make sure it is not the same as the gecko code
yeah i also tried using AR code. but not all AR code working eventhough people said it work well. Eg: time stop by pressing 1. if using the AR code. it will constantly time stop without pressing 1. the time decreasing and increasing code also not work. dont know how people get the code working. Isnt the code like AR and gecko only available on dolphin. my Wii cant use i think
You can use gecko and AR codes on wii with homebrew