Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wii- Fire Emblem- Radiant Dawn sound issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys

I am suddenly experiencing sound issues with Radiant Dawn. It will start randomly playing sound effects that aren't related to what is happening in the game on top of the music that is already playing or it will start making noises like a sheet tearing and it sounds very staticky. If I exit out of the game and open it again it fixes it for awhile and then it starts again.

Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?
Are you using the latest development version of Dolphin? This bug should be fixed there. Grab it from the Download link at the top of the page Dolphin 3.5-1350.
3.0 is old. Use latest builds for this game. Sound issues have been fixed.

Alternatively you can use LLE (even with 3.0). It will solve all your sound issues. However your CPU is probably a bit weak to use it
Hi

I am using the latest version of Dolphin.

How does one use LLE?

I should add, whilst I had graphics issues with 3.0 I haven't experienced the sound issue at all. Now my graphics issues are solved but my sound is going haywire.

What kind of specs do you need for the sound to work?
Sharna,

Does the sound get worse with time or does it start off bad?
(05-20-2013, 11:29 PM)Sharna Wrote: [ -> ]How does one use LLE?

Just choose LLE in DSP settings.

(05-20-2013, 11:29 PM)Sharna Wrote: [ -> ]I should add, whilst I had graphics issues with 3.0 I haven't experienced the sound issue at all. Now my graphics issues are solved but my sound is going haywire.

Latest builds use new AX-HLE. You need to run the game full-speed to get the sound to work correctly. If you can't run the game full-speed you'll get stutterings and such.

(05-20-2013, 11:29 PM)Sharna Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of specs do you need for the sound to work?

Your CPU has to be powerful enough to run games full-speed. Yours is a bit weak. Depends on how demanding games are. Fire Emblem isn't really demanding
(05-21-2013, 12:02 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Sharna,

Does the sound get worse with time or does it start off bad?
The sound starts out fine, then suddenly goes weird.

(05-21-2013, 12:03 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-20-2013, 11:29 PM)Sharna Wrote: [ -> ]How does one use LLE?

Just choose LLE in DSP settings.

(05-20-2013, 11:29 PM)Sharna Wrote: [ -> ]I should add, whilst I had graphics issues with 3.0 I haven't experienced the sound issue at all. Now my graphics issues are solved but my sound is going haywire.

Latest builds use new AX-HLE. You need to run the game full-speed to get the sound to work correctly. If you can't run the game full-speed you'll get stutterings and such.

(05-20-2013, 11:29 PM)Sharna Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of specs do you need for the sound to work?

Your CPU has to be powerful enough to run games full-speed. Yours is a bit weak. Depends on how demanding games are. Fire Emblem isn't really demanding
Sorry to keep sounding like an idiot: Is the below what I need to select?

[Image: 5jBFCg7.png]

My CPU specs are

Intel Duo T6500 core 2.1 GHz, 4GB RAM, Win 7 32 Bit, Geforce GT 120M 1GB

So short of updating my computer, this isn't fixable?
(05-21-2013, 12:25 AM)Sharna Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to keep sounding like an idiot: Is the below what I need to select?

That's it.

(05-21-2013, 12:25 AM)Sharna Wrote: [ -> ]My CPU specs are

Your CPU is a bit slow.

You can try to use HLE with OpenAL:
[attachment=9236]

It may reduce stutterings
(05-21-2013, 12:40 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2013, 12:25 AM)Sharna Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to keep sounding like an idiot: Is the below what I need to select?

That's it.

(05-21-2013, 12:25 AM)Sharna Wrote: [ -> ]My CPU specs are

Your CPU is a bit slow.

You can try to use HLE with OpenAL:

It may reduce stutterings
Using LLE makes the sound awful and sloppy. I just my PC can't handle it?

The HLE with OpenAL isn't availble- is this part of Dolphin's stable release or beta?
(05-21-2013, 09:52 PM)Sharna Wrote: [ -> ]Using LLE makes the sound awful and sloppy. I just my PC can't handle it?

LLE is like new AX-HLE. It works properly only if you run the game full-speed. And it's even more demanding than HLE. Yes your CPU is too weak to handle it.

(05-21-2013, 09:52 PM)Sharna Wrote: [ -> ]The HLE with OpenAL isn't availble- is this part of Dolphin's stable release or beta?

It wasn't available in stable release. It was added later on. I don't remember when exactly. Just use latest builds and you'll find this backend
Pages: 1 2