Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin graphics card issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

enfluence

Heya so basically my problem is that even though my graphics card is selected in the graphics options and not my intel 4000 igpu I think its still using the igpu instead of the dedicated one. I also have in the nvidia panel always use dedicated gpu.

I'm monitoring the temps and nothings changing on that side but the igpu temps go up when using GPU-Z or any other monitoring software.

I might be wrong but let me know anyones experienced the same problem Smile
Use Nvidia Inspector to check GPU load while Dolphin is running
GPU load = 0 -> Intel HD 4000 is used
Use higher Internal Resolution will make GPU load higher
In my case , 2.5xIR(1600x1320) , no AA , 16x AF will max out GT 540M (GPU Load = 99%)
Force Dolphin to use the Nvidia card in the Nvidia drivers to solve all your problems.

enfluence

Just used your settings and it seems to be doing something now! Smile Thanks for that. What kinda settings do you recommend I should use for my computer to get the gpu load to 99% like yours
You don't need to max out GPU load to get maximum performance
With GTX 680M , you can run demanding games with 4x IR (2560x2112) , no AA , 16x AF . SSAA (Direct3D9) is very demanding , SSAA > MSAA (Direct3D11) , SSAA will eat your FPS , 4xIR + 4xSSAA = 4xIR x 2 = 8x IR (5120x4224)
So if you use Direct3D9 , 3xIR + 4xSSAA should give both performance (speed) and quality (graphic)
This will give you downscaling effect

Btw , Maximum GPU Load stress alot of heat on my GPU , it is not a good idea