Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: XP mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has anyone already tried dolphin with xp mode in win 7?
I doubt it'll work since there is no 3D support but anyway whats the point?
Playing an emulator inside an emulator? Weird.
u should be the first to go where no man has gone before. go ahead, try it Tongue
I tried it but im running a 64bit version and it wouldnt let me so ill get a 86 version

Edit: got a big slowdown... so no magic solution here Tongue
GROSS. Why would you even MENTION such a thing? Tongue If you REALLY want to run Dolphin in a virtualized XP environment, use something better than Microsoft's horrifically slow VirtualPC. It runs like molasses compared to VMWare and VirtualBox.
run a emulator with no acceleration due to virtualization? That's mad talk.
Basically, XP mode is a virtul windows xp running on 7, it's the same shit.
And only opengl calls can be emulated, good thing dolphin uses it, but it will be slower anyways.

I heard of a Virtual machine program, which lets the virtualized machine have direct communication to the video card, but it was something nvidia specific and not free.
I just don't get why VMware and Virtual PC don't allow direct access to the hardware, it would be a Linux users wet dream to run modern applications or PC games inside a virtual machine.

It's true they could dual boot, but Virtual machines don't come with the risk of fucking your system over if something goes wrong.