Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Running backups with dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tahsin002

Hello I have some backup discs for the wii which I would like to play on dolphin. Now you could say that I have two types of discs. In one type I have wii games which I have modified to remove or replace the US firmware update with a Japanese one.
On the other I simply burned the discs without changing the update. When I try to run the discs with the modified update Dolphin freezes and the game does not run. But when I run the unmodified discs Dolphin is able to run it. Is this because Dolphin isn't configured right or is this because I burned it wrong?
I am using Dolphin svn r 6423
First things first, try the latest development build.
http://dolphin-emu.org/download/

tahsin002

Tried 3.5 stable version. same problem
(05-19-2013, 08:17 PM)tahsin002 Wrote: [ -> ]Tried 3.5 stable version. same problem

[attachment=9229]
There is an option in the latest Dolphin selected via Options > Configure... > Wii > System Language = Japanese.

If this option does not make the modified disc work, I think the modification you made has corrupted the disc.

tahsin002

found the solution. It wasn't the emulator or the disc. It was the DVD drive. It wasn't able to read properly. Works on other computers with better DVD drives.