Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Edit: New Issue- Cleanrip says Not verified with redump.org"- what should I do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT NEW ISSUE:

I just finished ripping Donkey Kong Country Returns using Cleanrip on my softmodded Wii. It says "Not verified with redump.org."

What does this mean? Should I be worried?

---------------
ORIGINAL POST- ALREADY RESOLVED

I'm following the steps in this wikihow http://www.wikihow.com/Play-Wii-Games-on...n-Emulator

I don't have a compatible DVD drive so I have to go the soft modded Wii route.

I have Homebrew running on my Wii, all the homebrew stuff is on a 2 gb SD card.

I'm stuck between step 4 and 5.

"4.Download CleanRip from http://cleanrip.googlecode.com/files/CleanRip-v1.0.5.zip
You will need it to make a copy of your Wii or Gamecube disc that you
can play on Dolphin. Extract the ZIP file and copy the apps folder to
your SD card or USB drive.

5.Put your SD card or USB drive into the Wii. Then launch the Homebrew Channel. You should see CleanRip come up as one of the options. Select it and choose Launch."

I put CleanRip on a 16 gb USB stick. I put the "apps" folder from the cleanrip rar file into the root of the USB stick, I plug it into my Wii. I start up Homebrew and Cleanrip is not one of the apps listed.

I thought maybe CleanRip has to be on the SD card with the homebrew stuff on it, but it's only a 2 gb card, and I'm going to try to rip a 5 gb DVD... I don't understand how that works.

Any help?
The Homebrew channel can only boot software from the SD card, so that's where you need to put cleanrip. In cleanrip, you can specify where to put the dumped disk, so just select USB to put it on the USB drive.
Edit:
Got a new issue, not sure what to do.

----------------------
ORIGINAL POST
D'oh!! Thank you AnyOldName3.
Don't worry about it. Redump.org doesn't seem to have a library of Wii games, so it can't compare and verify the hash of the game.
Try the game on Dolphin and see if it works. If you get a black screen, there is a high probability that you haven't dumped the game correctly.
If you're worried about that, or just want to make sure your game is dumped correctly, then calculate the MD5 or SHA1 hash of Donkey Kong Country Returns and compare it to the ones on GameTDB.
PAL: SF8P01 NTSC: SF8E01

Calculating hashes using FCIV: