Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can i play well in this laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kilopvs

Hi all,

I'm a noob about pc specs, so I come here to ask about my laptop. Here is my laptop spec (lenovo Ideapad model z560)

[Image: 2899258Capture.PNG]

[Image: 2899258Capture.PNG]

At first, I used windows 8 x64 and i tried everything i can (dxdirect and visual C++ 64bit and all things I ever searched), but unfortunately, It didnt work (error 00000bx or something like others said). So I installed windows 7 x64 + dxdirect, C++ 64bit and it worked now. However, the speed was very slow 100% and drop to like about 45%. I tried to configure like others told, but nothing gets better, so i need your recommend. Why is this laptop running dolphin slow. How do i upgrade this laptop to play well. How to configure correctly with this laptop. Or anything you suggest, I respect that.

Thank you!
Which game(s) are you trying to play?

Sudden speed drops may happen if your laptop is overheating. You should check your temperature
List the gane you want to play !
Some games don't require a powerful PC to run
Some games require i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz + dedicated GPU
Quote:How do i upgrade this laptop
Technically you can upgrade your laptop CPU but i doubt a noob like you can do that (Do you ever take apart your laptop ?) and it will not help much since your laptop is old , you can't upgrade to latest gen Core i5/i7 CPU but have to stick with older gen i5/i7 (You must have knowledge about mobo and CPU model )

No store sell mobile CPU except ebay . You have to buy it on ebay a do by yourself

kilopvs

(05-18-2013, 11:41 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Which game(s) are you trying to play?

Sudden speed drops may happen if your laptop is overheating. You should check your temperature
I play mario kart and super smash bros. I think it is not really the temperature problem, It just getting slower when in the race or battle even when I just turn on the laptop which is cool. i think something wrong in dolphin configuration or my hardware too weak to run the game.

(05-18-2013, 11:48 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]List the gane you want to play !
Some games don't require a powerful PC to run
Some games require i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz + dedicated GPU
Quote:How do i upgrade this laptop
Technically you can upgrade your laptop CPU but i doubt a noob like you can do that (Do you ever take apart your laptop ?) and it will not help much since your laptop is old , you can't upgrade to latest gen Core i5/i7 CPU but have to stick with older gen i5/i7 (You must have knowledge about mobo and CPU model )

No store sell mobile CPU except ebay . You have to buy it on ebay a do by yourself
(05-18-2013, 11:48 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]you mean i have to upgrade the processor, VGA or Ram?
Quote:my hardware too weak to run the game
Yes , i5 480M can't run those 2 games full speed with latest Dolphin

Quote:you mean i have to upgrade the processor, VGA or Ram?
Did i mention anything about GPU (VGA) and Ram (Memory) ? If you don't know what i was talking about , you can use Google Translate

kilopvs

With this pc, it can play dragonball budokai tenkaichi 3 very good at 100% speed, but my laptop is not as good as, only 50% speed and still drop. Is it because my laptop is still weaker?
[Image: dxdiagsystem-1.png]
[Image: dxdiagvga.png]
i3 370M @ 2.4GHz + sh*tty Intel HD = dragonball budokai tenkaichi 3 full speed ? 100% he's lying !
Intel HD first gen will bottleneck that CPU no matter what settings he uses
He might use old Dolphin version . Some games run faster on old Dolphin version , some games run faster on latest version
Dragonball budokai tenkaichi 3 is a light-weight game which does not tax CPU like Mario Kart Wii
But even so , i don't think he can get 100% with that laptop

Btw , Dragonball budokai tenkaichi 3 run full speed at 1600x1320 ( 2.5xIR , no AA , 16xAF)
Use Realtemp to check your CPU clock speed while Dolphin is running !