Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda Twhilihgt princess map problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

lowman

Hi there

I recently downloaded the lates version of dolphin 3.5-367. This is the first time I'm using it. now I'm a mac user using a mac pro 13 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 with a graphic card Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB memory of 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3.

The problem I seem to have as well as another friends using mac too, is that the map in the game is either inaccurate and blurry or works fine but makes the game slow.

Now let me discribe how i been trying to solve the problem. On the section of graphic I have noticed that the problem can be fixed by changing EFB copies from texture to RAM but by doing this the speed of the game it's notoriously slower.

I been trying to move more things but with no luck is there anything i can do to play the game on normal speed without having to give away speed?

Cheers
(05-17-2013, 10:40 PM)lowman Wrote: [ -> ]I recently downloaded the lates version of dolphin 3.5-367

This isn't the latest build. You'll find latest builds here

(05-17-2013, 10:40 PM)lowman Wrote: [ -> ]I been trying to move more things but with no luck is there anything i can do to play the game on normal speed without having to give away speed?

Nope. EFB to RAM is more demanding and requires a powerful CPU. Yours is probably a bit weak to handle it. You'll have to deal with blurry map
Quote:the map in the game is either inaccurate and blurry or works fine
Quote:I have noticed that the problem can be fixed by changing EFB copies from texture to RAM but by doing this the speed of the game it's notoriously slower.
It's normal .
Quote:anything i can do to play the game on normal speed without having to give away speed?
No laptop can run Zelda TP full speed (especially , the most demanding place : Hyrule Field) unless you bought a $3000 gaming laptop that come with extreme edition i7 @ 4.2GHz (overclocked) or higher . Dedicated GPU is also necessary to maintain the overall speed (not drag CPu performance down)
Or just build a desktop i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz or higher + GTX 650 (100$)

lowman

(05-17-2013, 10:52 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2013, 10:40 PM)lowman Wrote: [ -> ]I recently downloaded the lates version of dolphin 3.5-367

This isn't the latest build. You'll find latest builds here

(05-17-2013, 10:40 PM)lowman Wrote: [ -> ]I been trying to move more things but with no luck is there anything i can do to play the game on normal speed without having to give away speed?

Nope. EFB to RAM is more demanding and requires a powerful CPU. Yours is probably a bit weak to handle it. You'll have to deal with blurry map
Thanks for the info

I guess another fail on trying to play Zelda twilight princess

good to know!!!! thanks for the info i mihgt buy the actual game cube game it's only $120 AUD Smile
Quote: a graphic card Intel HD Graphics 3000
Btw , Intel HD 3000 is integrated GPU which is built inside the CPU i7 . It's not a "card"
Sure , Intel HD 3000 will drag down CPU performance
If you're using an Intel HD 3000, don't use anything past 3.5-663. http://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/8767...f3b839e50/
There's a driver bug that, in 10.8.3, drops newer Dolphin builds down to software rendering, making everything run at ~5 fps. Partly fixed in 10.8.4 beta, now instead of shit speeds there's major graphical issues. I seriously hope they fix this before 10.8.4 actually comes out...