Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Lag without fps drop all games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gwforlife

Sorry if this has been asked or solved before but I cant seem to find anything else on it and the wording is tricky. I only have two games fire emblem path of radiance and smash bros melee. In both games it seems like every 20 seconds there is a second of lag as if my FPS is dropping or it is skipping frames. I've been messing with the settings and it does the same thing on basically every setting all back ends and resolutions. I have the FPS counter enabled and when it does "lag" there is no drop in FPS. Also, when I unlimit the fps I can run the game at around 160-180 fps without encountering the problem (although it is unplayably fast). In fire emblem when I limit it to 50 fps it doesn't seem to do it but i dont think thats the native FPS which bothers me and in melee it is choppy when limited to 50 but there is no "skip" I've tried all the settings I can think of and it would be much appreciated if someone could shed some light on this.

Windows 7 x86 (tried compatibility modes)
Intel core i5 3570k 3.4ghz
Geforce GTX 670
8gb ddr3
Latest dolphin release x86 v3.5-367
Just limit it to whatever fps you get with autoframelimit. If you get 50 fps, then its native fps. 50 fps is only for pal games, so if you use ntsc game it should be either 30 or 60, and either 25 or 50 for pal games
Also try using "audio" framelimit

gwforlife

(05-17-2013, 06:24 PM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]Just limit it to whatever fps you get with autoframelimit. If you get 50 fps, then its native fps. 50 fps is only for pal games, so if you use ntsc game it should be either 30 or 60, and either 25 or 50 for pal games
Also try using "audio" framelimit
I have tried Auto and Audio still lags at random points without an fps drop. Also if it helps it seems completely random... not dependent on the complexity of whats happening in the game.
Post all your settings (as screenshots preferably).

Also the build you're using isn't the latest one. You'll find latest ones here
You are using the wrong dolphin version, latest is not 3.5-367, you should download dolphin from this site, not from dolphin-emu.com

gwforlife

Ok downloaded latest dolphin version 3.5-1344 and nothings changed. Also these are my desired settings but i have tried running window mode native with all back ends and the problem still persists.