Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Animal Crossing GC Halfway Decent on my Intel Atom Netbook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Edit:

Figured I'd put this up front so others might have a chance.

What I used to make it run deeso (decent):

Cheat Engine 6.2 - Enabled the speedhack to 20. Anything higher made it black screen. I'm not really sure how it started working, so hopefully people won't have too many problems. It'll say 0-2FPS and 0% speed, but don't worry I think it makes a difference.

Razer Gamebooster

Dolphin 3.5-663 (thanks pauldacheez) (open with gamebooster)

and I shrunk the .ISO, so instead of it being a 1.4 gig file, it's only 32 MB.

Plus I used all kinds of programs to speed up my computer. Speedupmypc seems to be good, but it'll only fix 15 errors unless you buy the full version, but I'm sure you can find something like that for free.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original:
Sooooooo. I've been trying to figure out how to make this thang run faster forever now and I've finally decided to post my problem. Hopefully my stats'll be down below in the signature area... um yeah. My laptop's probably too slow to run Animal Crossing well, but I really want to make it work for my GF. Razer Gamebooster might be making a difference? I've also been trying to get CheatEngine to work, but everytime I try to use speedhack it gave me an error message but now when I tried it to tell ya'll what the error message was it worked. So that's weird. I dunno. I've looked everywhere and tried everything, (well probably not everything) and I don't know what to do so if someone could help me that'd be amazing.

Didn't post my stats in my sig so here they are:

Operating System - Windows 7 Starter 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor - Intel® Atom™ CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz
Available OS Memory - 1014MB RAM
Video Card - Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

and if you need any other info let me know.

And I'm using:
Dolphin 3.5-367.
Quote:My laptop's probably too slow to run Animal Crossing well
You've already got your answer there
You should be happy that Dolphin can run like a slow motion movie on that thing
Dolphin CPU & GPU requirement
(05-17-2013, 06:39 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:My laptop's probably too slow to run Animal Crossing well
You've already got your answer there
You should be happy that Dolphin can run like a slow motion movie on that thing
Dolphin CPU & GPU requirement
I mean it's going sorta half-way decent, i'm getting like 20 fps and 25% speed. I turned off the sound so I think that helps. But do you have any idea what settings I should use for Dolphin with my particular laptop? I know there's all sorts of videos and wikis, but none of those seemed to help much. I ain't never played it on the GameCube but she used to have one and she says it's not TOO bad.
I'm not trying to be rude here but you should run Dolphin on gaming laptop , not a crappy netbook
No setting can help you since you have both CPU and GPU bottleneck (Words don't even describe how horrible they are)
Animal Crossing doesn't need special settings to work well , default settings are ok for this game
You can try some older Dolphin version like : 3.0 stable version , 3.5 stable version (without any number behind) , don't hope much though
Well I will give that a try, thanks for the input. If anyone else has any other ideas, I'd appreciate it.
If your CPU is too weak (and this is the case) there's nothing you can do.

You can try very very old builds (not recommended) such as r6XXX/earliest r7XXX. They tend to be faster. You might gain a few fps Big Grin
Animal Crossing runs at full speed (with occasional framerate drops, but never below 40fps) on my MacBook Air (i5-2557M 1.7 GHz (2.6 GHz turbo), Intel HD 3000, OS X 10.8.4 beta). I play it every day, it's all I really use Dolphin for right now besides occasional testing.

Also, 3.5-367's an old build you got from the wrong site. Current builds won't work on that GPU (hell, they don't exactly work properly on mine right now, which is why I'm running an OS X beta), but be aware that that's not the newest build of Dolphin. 3.5-663's the last one that'll work properly for you (and me). You can get it here: http://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/8767...f3b839e50/
Indeed , your CPU is many times faster than an Atom but still
You will not give him your Macbook Air , will you ? Because he would have slow speed on most games (except light-weight games like Animal Crossing ) if he used your laptop
Yeah, yeah, I know. Dolphin's ludicrous requirements have almost single-handedly pushed sales for i5 3570Ks. v_v;
I personallly think i5 3230M is good enough for most games atm (does not count demanding games)
I would love to sing a usual song "Time to upgrade"...But i have to wait
Pages: 1 2