Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Virtual Console Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After compressing my VC games into .wad, my snes and genesis games seem to run really choppy and slow, the only games that run good are some N64 games. But no matter how many times I dump Paper Mario 64, Dolphin keeps telling me the file is corrupt. I've tried the US as well as the PAL version of Paper Mario 64. Can someone give me a hand on how to run VC games properly?
You might get better results if you use dedicated emulators for the consoles you're emulating. You aren't likely to do too well by emulating an emulator.
Quote:After compressing my VC games into .wad

What? They should dump from the console in .wad format. What compression are you doing?
As AnyOldName3 said you'd better use N64 emulators for N64 games, SNES emulators for SNES games, etc
But all the other N64 titles I've tried works really well. Like Super Mario 64, Kirby64, Star Fox 64. I've also seen youtube videos of people running paper mario 64 on Dolphin with no issues, yet every .wad I've tried of Paper Mario always tells me the file is corrupt. Can someone help?
Quote:I've also seen youtube videos of people running paper mario 64 on Dolphin with no issues, yet every .wad I've tried of Paper Mario always tells me the file is corrupt. Can someone help?

You avoided my question, and it doesn't sound like you're dumping. Have fun with that.
(05-16-2013, 09:21 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]yet every .wad I've tried of Paper Mario always tells me the file is corrupt

What error message do you get?
After telling me I require the classic controller, it would tell me the file is corrupt, press A to return to the Wii menu.
Normally I'd say try with a fresh build, isolated from your main Dolphin folder. However, even that isn't working for me anymore. It's like I've perma-bricked the virtual Wii somehow. :/