Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Corrupted in Wind Waker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I've been playing Windwaker for the 1st time, and about 10 hours into the game, my memory card corrupted.
This wasn't a big deal because I could just continue to use savestates.

Now I'm at 16 hours, but the sound is gone from my savestate, and I can't seem to fix that, nor can I fix the memory corruption.

I've attempted multiple fixes for the corrupt memory that have been mentioned over the forums, but to no avail.

I really don't want to replay the game from scratch, so if I can't fix this, I'll probably just scrap it and move onto Twilight Princess.

I know its bad procedure to use savestates, but I didn't think much of it unfortunately.

Thanks for your time,

-Shai

P.S - If someone has a save file when you're supposed to go find the sages, you'd be a lifesaver!
This game requires you to use LLE Recompiler (or Interpreter if you like unnecessary slowdown) with "DSP on Dedicated Thread" unchecked to avoid various hangs. Make sure you're using that before doing anything else.

Have you tried opening another game, wiping the corrupt memory card from there, then trying to make Wind Waker save normally?
(05-16-2013, 05:52 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]This game requires you to use LLE Recompiler (or Interpreter if you like unnecessary slowdown) with "DSP on Dedicated Thread" unchecked to avoid various hangs. Make sure you're using that before doing anything else.

Have you tried opening another game, wiping the corrupt memory card from there, then trying to make Wind Waker save normally?
I've been using HLE this whole time.

I got LLE recompiler working and unticked the DPS on Dedicated Thread. Whenever I load my last savestate, dolphin crashes.

Let me clarify that I do have sound, but its just seems to be a looping sound that comes from the sailing around in the game.

I loaded up Twilight Princess, but it seems the memory card is fine for it. Looks like the problem is localized to Wind Waker for the card.

I read somewhere else that the savestate records the card as being corrupt, so even if it really isnt, the game will give me that message.

Not really sure where to go from here O.o
If your memory card save was corrupted BEFORE you used ANY save state, that is one thing. However, savestates have been known to do strange things like cause corruption of saves, so that may be why your save was corrupted (and folks can correct me if I am wrong about that).

If your save was corrupted before using any savestates, then it may just be bad luck. Remember to keep Dolphin out of the dreaded Program Files location to avoid any write issues. You may be SOL at this point.
(05-16-2013, 07:00 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]If your memory card save was corrupted BEFORE you used ANY save state, that is one thing. However, savestates have been known to do strange things like cause corruption of saves, so that may be why your save was corrupted (and folks can correct me if I am wrong about that).

If your save was corrupted before using any savestates, then it may just be bad luck. Remember to keep Dolphin out of the dreaded Program Files location to avoid any write issues. You may be SOL at this point.
Thanks for the quick response!

The card was corrupted well into the game, so since then I've been using the savestates, but now the audio wont work, and the only fix is loading the game from scratch...but I can't load it without a memory card Big Grin

Well, maybe I'll try playing Windwaker again in a few years or something, unless I can get someone else's save...

Off to Twilight Princess I guess!

Any other good gamecube games to play that you'd recommend?
For using your current savestates, yeah, keep using HLE. I always forget about that. v_v;

Maybe try deleting Wind Waker's save file via Tools > Memcard Manager (GC), then try saving?
Also begin a game, save and ensure the card is saving properly. No need to have the same thing happen to another game
Thanks for the advice guys, it's a shame I didnt save closer to my last savestate, I spent 2-3 hours just sailing around pointlessly, but my last real save is an hour or so BEFORE getting the master sword.
Be sure to not use savestates in the future.
(05-16-2013, 07:32 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Be sure to not use savestates in the future.
Yep, as soon as I saw that as the general message when reading up on the issue, I realized I sort of screwed myself.

It's too bad there isn't a place to find mid game save files or something Sad