Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How would this work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there! so im new to dolphin..ill actually be able to play it soon and..im curious on a few things and maybe you guys the lovely forum would help me Smile so!

Question 1: for games like..SSBB and mario kart wii...how would one get netplay to work? now i dont mean playing with your friends that you know with hamachi and etc i mean..what would i have to do if i wanted to play with random people? does it work the same way? is it not possible? does it work just as if you were on a wii (just select wifi and random play) etc.

Question 2: how would i get games like super mario galaxy to work? it confuses me because thats a game where you need to shake the wiimote and obviously..your on a emulator and the mouse is nothing like a wiimote..not to mention it would be quite hard to switch from a controller to mouse with precision timing. so is there a way around this? sorry if im asking highly stupid question but this is my first time actually using dolphin or being able to.

Those are really the only things confusing me some insight would be great thank you so much again! : )
(05-15-2013, 11:00 AM)thereanimetor Wrote: [ -> ]Question 1: for games like..SSBB and mario kart wii...how would one get netplay to work? now i dont mean playing with your friends that you know with hamachi and etc i mean..what would i have to do if i wanted to play with random people? does it work the same way? is it not possible? does it work just as if you were on a wii (just select wifi and random play) etc.
ATM you can't really
(05-15-2013, 11:36 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2013, 11:00 AM)thereanimetor Wrote: [ -> ]Question 1: for games like..SSBB and mario kart wii...how would one get netplay to work? now i dont mean playing with your friends that you know with hamachi and etc i mean..what would i have to do if i wanted to play with random people? does it work the same way? is it not possible? does it work just as if you were on a wii (just select wifi and random play) etc.
ATM you can't really
Okay! well thats good to know : ) but what about games like super mario galaxy that require wii mote shaking?
You can use a real Wii Remote, or else just bind emulated Wii Remote shaking to a keyboard key or gamepad button.
(05-15-2013, 11:40 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]You can use a real Wii Remote, or else just bind emulated Wii Remote shaking to a keyboard key or gamepad button.
Oh! i had no idea you could just bind that to a key Smile well then my worrys are solved! im sure i can find some button on a xbox remote to be "shake" :o..

Qaazavaca Qaanic

You can assign buttons to shake, if you have any extra. Just assign X, Y, and Z shake all to the same button. The buttons are in the top right of the Emulated Wiimote config.