Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: BeagleBone Black!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm guessing it probably will not be able to, but will the BeagleBone Black be able to successfully run the Dolphin Emulator?

Specs here: http://www.digikey.com/product-highlight...leboneNext
Short answer, no.
Welcome to the forums! The specs link is broken. Just post your CPU and OS.
No... that`s not even a PC...

Maybe you can run the GUI, but playing a game? never.
(05-13-2013, 09:59 AM)noah Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forums! The specs link is broken. Just post your CPU and OS.
1 GhZ ARM CPU
Linux OS (probably Ubuntu)
You might be able to "run" Dolphin, but I don't think you will get more than a frame every few seconds. Just buy a multimedia laptop and play light games like Wind Waker. Or build a desktop with i5 3570k and play nearly any game. Just stick to SNES emulation if you get that (A Link to the Past is awesome Smile).
(05-13-2013, 10:03 AM)noah Wrote: [ -> ]You might be able to "run" Dolphin, but I don't think you will get more than a frame every few seconds. Just buy a multimedia laptop and play light games like Wind Waker. Or build a desktop with i5 3570k and play nearly any game. Just stick to SNES emulation if you get that (A Link to the Past is awesome Smile).
Alright, thanks guys! I was pretty sure it wouldn't work.

One last question, for the SNES emulation. Where would I be able to buy a legit copy of Super Mario World so an emulator could play it?
Of course, that's the only way Smile. You just buy a snes cart backup and you can rip the game to your computer. I'll get a link to a how-to real quick.

Edit: Read that wrong, didn't see the "where". Just go on ebay or Craigslist and pick up a copy of the game. Then back it up to your computer using a device from the link in my next post.
(05-13-2013, 10:08 AM)noah Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, that's the only way Smile. You just buy a snes cart backup and you can rip the game to your computer. I'll get a link to a how-to real quick.
Thanks!
Here's the first link I found
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_backup_device

You need something like this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4