Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do you overclock?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Help would be much obliged Big Grin
go into bios, rais htt, fsb or bclk. htt is for amd, fsb for 775 intel, and bclk for i7 intel. Then raise voltage and cooling acordingly.
And make sure not to raise voltage to high, it'll destroy your computer.
Don't bother if you're not experienced.
It won't be worth it.
Don't bother if yer not experienced?

Well then, tell me how he supposed to get experienced if he doesn't try?

It's really not that hard. http://www.ocforums.com/ is a good place to try, they can help you, step by step even, and have many guides available already. OC'ing reduces the lifespan of your CPU...though that's not that much, cause an average CPU would last 10 years, with this maybe only 6-7...but most people won't have one for that long.
If he doesn't know what he is doing, then he will ruin his computer.
By asking this question he's obviously not experienced.
Follow that review if you want, just don't do anything drastic.
If you're still not convinced you have the capabilities, CPU's are getting cheaper and cheaper.
overclocking comes naturally, not through asking questions, but through lots a lots of reading and experimenting.
heres some things u need to know. if u have never done this before, dont start overclocking a nice expensive cpu like an i7, start with something cheap. and start small, dont go overboard. overclocking can fry your cpu and your motherboard. just do a lot of reading and a lot of researching. make sure u check the recommended overclock speed, and dont go over. u will get the hang of it. and always make sure to have an aftermarket cooler installed, stock coolers arent built for overclocked cpus.
thanks a lot for all your help
Pages: 1 2 3