Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: So...double checking if i can run dolphin? is this strong enough?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So! im buying this computer off of alienware..and i think it can run dolphin but it doesnt hurt to double check! so can this comp run dolphin or how well can it? im planning on playing games like super mario sunshine,ssbb,ssbm,super mario strikers,and wind waker. thanks again! Smile
  • 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3820 (10M Cache, Overclocked up to 4.1 GHz)
  • Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
  • 8GB2 Q DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
  • 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3Gb/s
  • 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 660
You can play those games ok...
(05-12-2013, 12:43 PM)omega_rugal Wrote: [ -> ]You can play those games ok...
okay : ) its really the graphics card that had me worried D:
Those are some of the lightest games out there; look at my stats and I play them all at full speed. You can play them ramped up with all the eye candy. You're good man, go have fun Smile and welcome to the forums!

And your Graphics card is fine for 3xIR on those games, which means HD gameplay.
(05-12-2013, 12:58 PM)noah Wrote: [ -> ]Those are some of the lightest games out there; look at my stats and I play them all at full speed. You can play them ramped up with all the eye candy. You're good man, go have fun Smile and welcome to the forums!

And your Graphics card is fine for 3xIR on those games, which means HD gameplay.
Oh really? thats great Big Grin and your serious those are light? maybe ssbm and strikers..but i would think Super mario sunshine and wind waker would would be pretty intensive and a bit of ssbb :O although if i really had to guess what would be horrible would probably be...super monkey ball 2? if only for the speed :o
Actually Super Monkey Ball 2, Super Mario Sunshine, and Wind Waker are very light weight. It's true Big Grin. Demanding games would be Super Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade, The Last Story, etc. As long as you don't play those, you're fine. The games you want to play will run full speed even with LLE. Make sure you use the latest version of Dolphin from Dolphin-emu.org, though.

Anyway, all the games I want to play are light weight. You could actually run pretty much any game with HLE and light games with LLE.
Yep Noah is right those games are not too demanding. At least not if you aren't trying to play four player or something. Your system will be fine for Most games on dolphin.

Edit: And by most I mean practically everything. A Sandy E @ 4.1GHZ with A GTX 660 is enough to make every working game fully playable. Maybe just a few hundred more MHz and you'll be all set.
Quote: im buying this computer off of alienware
Overpriced ...pile of sh*t . Give me 850$ , I will build a better PC for Dolphin than that
Quote:2nd gen i7-3820 @ 4.1GHz
No , not that one . Dolphin does not support Hyper Threading -> 2nd gen i7 ~ 2nd gen i5
Recommend : 3rd gen i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz or higher (4.5GHz is recommended for The Last Story) + Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
Yeah, if you build your own PC you'll save money and get better performance. Pretty much any game would run fine, Dolphin or PC. Smile
(05-12-2013, 01:23 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:im buying this computer off of alienware
Overpriced ...pile of sh*t . Give me 850$ , I will build a better PC for Dolphin than that
Quote:2nd gen i7-3820 @ 4.1GHz
No , not that one . Dolphin does not support Hyper Threading -> 2nd gen i7 ~ 2nd gen i5
Recommend : 3rd gen i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz or higher (4.5GHz is recommended for The Last Story) + Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
Well sadly i did try making my own pc..but that didnt work out so well >.< and wait..so..dolphin doesnt support hyper threading..i.e 2nd gen i7...so does that mean i cant run it at all?? D:
Pages: 1 2