Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

RyviusRan

I noticed that from later revisions of 3.5 the audio when using HLE in games like P.N.03 and Skies of Arcadia is fixed but another issue has popped up because of it.
For some reason the audio will stutter like mad whenever there is even a slight drop of 2fps.
This issue started to occur in a few revisions after 3.5.
3.5 does not have the audio stutter issue but it doesn't fully fix the HLE audio issue for games like P.N.03.

Is there a way to use the later revisions while not having the audio stutter if the fps drops at all?
Latest builds (more exactly as of 3.5-78) include new AX-HLE. It fixes a lot of sound issues but you have to run the game full-speed to get the sound to work properly. Stutterings, slowdowns... happen if you can't run the game full-speed. You can reduce stutterings by using OpenAL (in DSP settings)
Don't you guys think an option to use the old AX-HLE should be added? Otherwise, a LOT of people will stay away from the eventual 4.0 release.
What would be the purpose of it? To be able to use old HLE? 80% of games had sound issues with old HLE
I agree with LordVador. Adding a regression to accommodate for old hardware just isnt a good idea.
If people want the old code for the AX ucode, they can simply use older revisions. 3.5 may be old now given the amount of changes since December, but it still is the latest stable build and we support it here on the forums. You also have to think about code maintainability; if you ever make program-wide changes to audio, you have to consider how it would affect both version of HLE audio, and that's not always fun stuff.
Just where did I see all this .. Hmmmm ..