Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Directx 9.0c Download Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Blade3rd

I downloaded Dolphin, and I tried to start it up, but it gave me a pad plugin problem. Thanks to your forums, I found out the problem. I needed to update my direct x driver, the Directx 9.0c file. The problem is now..... well....
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-4.html
says I needed to download the file from Microsoft. But when I tried to install it, it gave me problems, saying that there was an internal error. I did a closer look, and the microsoft download page says the download works on windows xp 32 bit, vista 64 bit, but there wasn't any vista 32 bit in the list. My computer is a vista 32-bit, so thats a real problem.
I looked around the forums some more, and I found out that there are users with vista 32 bit that are playing Gamecube roms on the Dolphin Emulator.
So in all, I'm asking, how are you vista 32 bit users playing Dolphin, and specifically, how did you get the direct x file?
There is no specific directx. It should work with vista 32 bit. Why don't you try another source? MS is not the only place you can download directx from.
Use a redistributable package, it's larger to download, but you can save it to a flash drive and install it on every Windows machine.

Google something like, DirectX March 2009 redist
(07-24-2009, 03:18 AM)Klotzek Wrote: [ -> ]There is no specific directx. It should work with vista 32 bit. Why don't you try another source? MS is not the only place you can download directx from.
sometimes vista nags cause it uses DX9 stuff and not DX10

also, i would like to kiss OP (original poster for those who dont know, aka thread starter) for looking up stuff! on the forum! :o Big Grin

Blade3rd

Ummm... I'm sorry, but how do you use a redistribute package? It says to extract, but to where?
DirectX redist must be installed in two steps.
First run the downloaded package, it will extract the installers (any folder is fine, it's just the installer).
You might get lucky and the installer will automatically open after extraction.
If not, you are going to have to manually find the files.