Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: hello about new ax hle 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

mantas0

hello guys i dont little understand about ax hle audio 2 this hle is when you on hle audio and vbeam spedd hack it is ? or not ? i know when it on bigger fps its is it ? its only one question im not noob and don't give me link where explain what about hle audio i read it and dont understand full ! soory my english bad
New AX-HLE is a rewrite of HLE. This increases HLE's performances. Only GC games were concerned by version 1. Version 2 is extended to Wii games. This great job has been made by delroth (one of the devs)
@mantas0

I have no idea what you're trying to say.
new-ax-hle should have very little effect on performance – it just makes HLE audio perfect for a fuckton of games.
So what versions of Doplhin have this HLE rewrite? And does this solve the sound problems in SMG2?

Pardon my ignorance.
SMG1 and 2 use the Zelda ucode (DMA version iirc). The new-ax-hle merges only affected AX ucode games. The list of Zelda ucode games is small in comparison to AX ucode games. 3.5-78 was the 1st merge and it was directed at GC games. The second merge, 3.5-1154, focused on the Wii version of the AX ucode.
Lemme copy my list of Zelda µcode games from another thread:
-GameCube BIOS
-Luigi's Mansion
-Animal Crossing (possibly City Folk as well?)
-Zelda: Wind Waker/Twilight Princess (oddly, Skyward Sword uses AXWii)
-Super Mario Sunshine/Galaxy/Galaxy 2
-Mario Kart: Double Dash (possibly MKWii as well?)
-Possibly a few Mario Party games (too many of them, dunno which are Hudson and which are Nintendo)
(General rule of thumb: if Nintendo's internal development teams built the whole game (e.g. didn't have Retro Studios or Hudson or whoever do the main developin'), it uses the Zelda µcode.)

These games you're still gonna want to use LLE for. If it's not on this list, it's 99% likely that it uses AX or AXWii, in which case HLE is perfectly fine.
Thank you for the information!

Is any work being done on the Zelda uCode emulation with HLE audio? Just curious.
@pauldacheez - Don't forget to add Pikmin and DK Jungle Beat to the list Big Grin It's possible that LoZ-SS (and others like NSMB) uses the Wii version of the AX ucode because Nintendo EAD got finally fed up with using their own internally developed stuff :p Just a guess.

@Rukumouru - delroth mentioned plans to work on it, but he's since left the dev team. It's uncertain if he will come back anytime soon. I have some interest in working on it, but I have obligations to implement the Zelda ucode in Gekko (another GC emu) first. Someone might come along and do it before me though.
It would be great if you could do it. HLE really is much faster than LLE for me, so I'm forced to either play SMG without music or with unbearably pixelated visuals on the Wii. Thank you for your hard work!

I'll stop hijacking this thread now, thanks for all the info Tongue
Pages: 1 2