Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: "Can't creat opengl renderer. You may be missing some extensions" error on newer card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

wipeout

Hi, I've got a GeForce 8600 GT, which I was told that it should work with Dolphin, but the message shown in the subject pops up every time I try to run it. I have the latest graphics drivers (just updated) and DirectX is too slow (2 FPS) and all I see is an exclamation mark anyway. Does anyone have a solution?
have you update your direct x ?
(07-24-2009, 12:21 AM)Ugur Wrote: [ -> ]have you update your direct x ?
useless advice

1) update your vid card driver . if you are using an ati please use 9.3 (it was 9.3 right?)
2) disable advanced text service for dolphin

wipeout

Actually, point 1 what you said was also useless since the graphics card was the first thing I stated. Also, advanced text services? Didn't change a thing.
(07-24-2009, 01:24 AM)wipeout Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, point 1 what you said was also useless since the graphics card was the first thing I stated. Also, advanced text services? Didn't change a thing.
half useless then Tongue do update drivers to latest then Wink
and while we are at it

which os are you using? windows 7?
I have Had the Same Problem on Some Situations. I still cant get my Dolphin Emu to work correctly Butttttt.

Try and download this Its the March 2009 Direct X SDK http://download.microsoft.com/download/3..._Mar09.exe
(07-24-2009, 07:16 AM)bmreyna Wrote: [ -> ]I have Had the Same Problem on Some Situations. I still cant get my Dolphin Emu to work correctly Butttttt.

Try and download this Its the March 2009 Direct X SDK http://download.microsoft.com/download/3..._Mar09.exe

we need 2 info's about that error
your gpu & what os
now post it already
I have

Intel Core2duo T7500 2.4ghz
Nvidia 8600M GT 512mb
3GB RAM
Windows XP Sp3
and have you tried disabling advanced text service for dolphin?
(07-24-2009, 08:06 AM)bmreyna Wrote: [ -> ]I have

Intel Core2duo T7500 2.4ghz
Nvidia 8600M GT 512mb
3GB RAM
Windows XP Sp3

8600GT 256mb works well here
winxpsp3 & vista x64
settings in the screenshot[attachment=927]

EDIT: missed the M originally, don't know how much of a difference that will make
Pages: 1 2