Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Soul Calibur 2 sound skipping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've ran the emulator on the recommended settings found on the wikipedia page, but no matter what I do the sound keeps skipping in battle, in the menus it's fine, but as soon as the battle starts the voices and BGM just mess up, other than that the game runs perfectly, no lagging or any other graphical issues. I'm using the NSTC version, running Windows 7 with a Radeon 7700 graphics card, an Intel Quadcore Q6600 processor and a Creative X-FI sound card. I'm using Dolphin 3.5-1335. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is the game running at full speed ?
Is your CPU overclocked ? Q6600 stock speed won't cut it (for most games , include this game as well)
(05-08-2013, 04:33 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the game running at full speed ?
Is your CPU overclocked ? Q6600 stock speed won't cut it (for most games , include this game as well)
It seems to be running at full speed, I haven't seen it played on a gamecube so possibly it's not, I have not overclocked my CPU, but I'll try it and see what happens.
Quote:It seems to be running at full speed,
I really doubt that . Even an i7 Ivy Bridge @ 3.3GHz can't run that game full speed with latest Dolphin
What's your framerate ? 60FPS all the time ?
Btw , check this thread , it will help you alot
Soul Calibur 2? i7 @ 2.3ghz is enough for full speed.
(05-08-2013, 04:35 PM)Ivoryhammer Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to be running at full speed, I haven't seen it played on a gamecube so possibly it's not

If you can reach 60 fps in-game then you're running the game full-speed. If you're below then it isn't running full-speed.

New AX-HLE requires to run games full-speed to get a correct sound. If you can't run the game full-speed you're likely to get stutterings.
You should try to use Dolphin 3.5 (stable release). New AX-HLE hadn't been implemented yet