Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems running Dolphin with high specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(05-07-2013, 10:10 AM)ONLYUSEmeFEET Wrote: [ -> ]I had no idea different builds give varying performances. Is there a place where there is recommended builds for games?

Old builds are usually faster but not recommended. Moreover they aren't supported on the forum.

(05-07-2013, 10:10 AM)ONLYUSEmeFEET Wrote: [ -> ]Also, the other game I want to play is F-Zero GX. This game I understand is resource-intensive but I think with my rig I should be able to get it to run better

Your CPU is too weak for this game. A hugely overclocked CPU is recommended (3570k for example Big Grin )
Try F-Zero GX with r6515...
If I remember correctly , F-Zero GX has "dual core mode" disabled by default -> This force you to run the game in single core mode which is why you need a beast / Overclocked CPU

To enable dual core mode again , just right-click the game - properties and then voila la à double vitesse
(05-07-2013, 10:27 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]If I remember correctly , F-Zero GX has "dual core mode" disabled by default -> This force you to run the game in single core mode which is why you need a beast / Overclocked CPU

To enable dual core mode again , just right-click the game - properties and then voila la à double vitesse

Oh man, its worse than I remember. At least with 1334, I only averaged 30% speed. :O

The r6515 however works well. Thanks! It never reaches full speed (hovers at 90% in ideal conditions), but its more playable than ever and best of all sounds works perfect regardless of my speed, which no other build I've tried has had. I suppose I need to assemble a library of builds for different games.
Quote:I suppose I need to assemble a library of builds for different games.
Well , no laptop CPU nowadays can perform the same as an i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz in Dolphin except the unlocked extreme edition i7 (can be overclocked)
I'm patient enough to wait for next gen mobile CPU (Either Broadwell or Skylake , not the lame upgrade Haswell) . So that I would ditch some old Dolphin versions Big Grin
thought id ask also are there any particular builds which focus on gamecube only ? e.g builds more optimized for GC without the Wii functionality as i don't need the wii part.
Err , gekko emulator...maybe
A. There aren't builds that "focus on" things. Older = faster, less accurate, less fun functions; newer = slower, more accurate, more fun functions.
B. Having Wii emulation doesn't slow down GameCube emulation at all. It's not like we're emulating a Wii running GameCube games instead of a plain GameCube, butthead.
Not many GC games would run well with his CPU
Anyway , he need to overclock his CPU to 3.0GHz first
(05-07-2013, 11:29 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Not many GC games would run well with his CPU
Anyway , he need to overclock his CPU to 3.0GHz first
My CPU should be 3.3 GHz right? That's what it is elsewhere with turboboost. Does Dolphin not see that?
Pages: 1 2 3