Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: help please! can i run xenoblade with these pc specs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really want to play this game (xenoblade chronicles) but at the start of the game (1st battle) i can only get 12 fps and its so lag T_T

Here is my pc specs :

Intel Dual Core e5700 3.0ghz
4gb ram
Nvidia Geforce GT 430

Can i play decently with these spec?

PS: and please if its not much can anyone please teach/tell me the right settings for dolphin so that i can play xenoblade decently? and also should i use the x64 bit dolphin? im currently using the 32 bit... but it lags like hell with 32 bit windows 7 OS! if 64 bit will give 30fps.. then i should use 64 bit os!

Thank u very much!
CPU is too weak for Xenoblade . Overclock it to 3.6GHz or higher !
Check out this thread (Post #126) for the best settings , Dolphin version for your CPU
64bit version will give a very small speed up .
Btw , since you have a low-end GPU GT 430 , you will have to use 2x or 2.5x Internal Resolution , no AA , 16x AF
thanks a lot for your reply! i see so my specs are low end -.- this is damn sad! btw when u mean 3.6 ghz is it like this 3.06ghz? or 3.60ghz? i am a bit scared to overclock my cpu it might reduce its life span xD and sir admin btw why is that all of a sudden while i am playing xenoblade , dolphin emulator 3.5 160 (version im using) the fps suddenly drops to 0 after 1 min? -.- it will make my game stopped working!
I'm telling you to use the 3.5 - 145 not the 3.5 - 160 because any version after 145 will cause huge slowdown for Xenoblade
Quote:when u mean 3.6 ghz is it like this 3.06ghz? or 3.60ghz?
I said 3.6GHz and higher which mean you have to push your CPU all the way to 4GHz and even more
If you don't want to overclock , then just buy new mobo and new CPU (tell me you budget first)

Quote:it might reduce its life span xD
From 20 years down to 10 years if you don't use insane voltage . Don't worry , your mobo and ram will die first (about 5-7 years lifetime if you do it properly and your mobo , PSU are good enough)
If you used cheap mobo and PSU , your mobo would die less than 2 years
thanks again for your reply! im gonna find a way then to overclock my cpu Big Grin i am just a student >_< dont have enough budget to buy another pc hehe unless i can convince my parents to buy a new one xD! ok ty for the info i will only use 3.5 145 then! btw i can run xenoblade smoothly now 24-30 fps but the major problem i am facing is when ever i load my save state of xenoblades, it runs great on a decent fps (25-30) but then suddenly a few seconds after, fps will suddenly dropped to 0 ! then the emulator will just hang ! anything i can do to fix this problem? ty in advance!
(05-07-2013, 02:57 AM)femfem Wrote: [ -> ]when ever i load my save state of xenoblades, it runs great on a decent fps (25-30) but then suddenly a few seconds after, fps will suddenly dropped to 0 ! then the emulator will just hang ! anything i can do to fix this problem?

Freezes in Xenoblade are fixed now. But you'll have to use latest builds Big Grin .

The problem might also come from your savestate. Savestates may cause issues sometimes. It's recommended to use in-game saves instead
i see save state problem then! thanks for replying
tried beginning another new game without saving via save state but saving via in-game save! after the 1st battle where @ a point that i can already control shulk after a few seconds while wandering round the field (world map) my fps still dropped to 0 and dolphin just hangs there T_T anything i can do to fix this issue? i tried using latest dolphin emu but still the same! im using 3.5 145 now! ty in advance!
Did you use the same settings as I linked on post#2 ?
yes i did i think i know the reason why my fps is dropping to zero! my cpu usage after running xenoblade, after a few seconds it becomes 100% T_T
Pages: 1 2