Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Very annoying flickering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the the latest 100-150 builds (not exactly, but almost) the OpenGL-plugin has been very bad (I'm currently using rev. 3870). I can't play any games at all because the OGL-window flickers. It's really stupid and annoying. I can't play any games at all! It even makes everything slower... It's a pain to even try to play a game... I think it's because of the XFB-emulation, but even if I turn "Real XFB" off, nothing changes. When I start up SSBM it asks me if I want to play the game in 60Hz. If I choose "Yes", everyting looks like normal, but if I choose "No", everything starts to flicker. As I said, all my games flicker. I'm pretty sure it's XFB that's not emulated properly. Now, my question is: Is there a way to solve this problem? I know I can fix it by finding the problem in the OGL-plugin source, but I wonder if there's another way around? Please help! All help is appreciated!

(Sorry for my bad explanation... I'm tired today...)
question: is your moniter set to 60 hz or higher?
My monitor is set to 60 Hz, yes. I can't change it. I'm using a laptop, an Acer 6920G. This is a really annoying bug and I hope the devs fix it soon...