Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin plays Zelda Wind Waker very slow,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

nathansuchy

It will start out at 30fps then drop to 10 in the menus then to 5 in game play. I have a good dual core processer and gpu. I have googled and changed settings to make faster what should I do?
(05-06-2013, 05:46 AM)nathansuchy Wrote: [ -> ]I have a good dual core processer and gpu

No, you don't.

(05-06-2013, 05:46 AM)nathansuchy Wrote: [ -> ]what should I do?

Get a better computer.

If you'd like advice on what to get, someone can help you with that.

nathansuchy

(05-06-2013, 05:54 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2013, 05:46 AM)nathansuchy Wrote: [ -> ]I have a good dual core processer and gpu

No, you don't.

(05-06-2013, 05:46 AM)nathansuchy Wrote: [ -> ]what should I do?

Get a better computer.

If you'd like advice on what to get, someone can help you with that.
I can't afford a computer as I'm 14. You can downloading an archive of photos @ https://mega.co.nz/#!zZA0nDaA!fMX0o1jxsN...6rMlaP_3Jw
Those photos are screenshots...
(05-06-2013, 06:26 AM)nathansuchy Wrote: [ -> ]I can't afford a computer as I'm 14.

I understand. You were under the impression that your computer was good, but it is actually very bad for this kind of emulation. It's far too slow to run anything well.

(05-06-2013, 06:26 AM)nathansuchy Wrote: [ -> ]You can downloading an archive of photos @ https://mega.co.nz/#!zZA0nDaA!fMX0o1jxsN...6rMlaP_3Jw
Those photos are screenshots...

Sorry, I'm not interested in downloading that. If you have something relevant that you want people to see, you should do it in a way that doesn't require people to unnecessarily download a folder. If the folder contains screenshots of the game running slow, I believe you without having to see a screenshot.

nathansuchy

The folder is screenshots of my configuration. Can you suggest anything for me to get a faster FPS? Also is a cheap computer (laptops please) for running Dolphin. I would prefer it to cost around $300-$400.
You're probably not going to be able to get something decent enough for that price. I'd say your starting point would have to be around $600.00 and up.

nathansuchy

(05-06-2013, 07:02 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]You're probably not going to be able to get something decent enough for that price. I'd say your starting point would have to be around $600.00 and up.
Well maybe in a year or two. Do you think you could look over my screenshots and tell me if there is something that I could do to get at least 30fps?
30FPS is full speed. Your CPU just isn't able to run the game that fast, that's why I suggested that you get something better. Your computer is good for web browsing and watching videos and movies, not for heavy gaming and emulation. It doesn't matter which settings you use, it's never going to run well.
(05-06-2013, 06:56 AM)nathansuchy Wrote: [ -> ]Can you suggest anything for me to get a faster FPS? Also is a cheap computer (laptops please) for running Dolphin.

Well laptops are not the best deal to run Dolphin.
So you can easily understand that suggesting a cheap one is even more a bad idea Big Grin .
My 2 laptops are mid-range price systems. They can run Dolphin correctly but in any way they could do the job as my desktops do.
GC/WII (and PS2) games are not PC games. Don't expect too much from a laptop