Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help installing Dolphin on a mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MrPen99

Ok, I have a 2.8 GHz Itel Core 2 duo iMac, so I was following this tutorial (the 64 bit one), so I installed xcode, then installed nvidia cgtoolkit, then it got a bit confusing when I was installing libglew. (Because I don't fully understand what he meant by "add "-arch x86_64" as compilateur and linker flags") So I downloaded libglew (the zip one) from sourceforge.net, and opened the Makefile with TextEdit and added "-arch x86_64 " to "CFLAGS = $(OPT) $(WARN) $(INCLUDE) $(CFLAGS.EXTRA)" and "LIB.LDFLAGS = $(LDFLAGS.EXTRA) $(LDFLAGS.GL)" to the end of both. Then I used Terminal to go to the glew folder then typed "make" in to Terminal and it gave me this"/bin/sh: config/config.guess: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
/bin/sh: config/config.guess: /bin/sh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
Makefile:40: *** "Platform '' not supported". Stop."?!?!?! Please help me.

Thanks!
The makefile in glew has gotten really outdated and will no longer detect your os if you are running os x. This applies to compiling both the 32 and 64 bit versions of glew using the makefile. To add -arch x86_64 as a compilateur linker flag simply type "make -arch x86_64" in your terminal this still won't be fixing the problem with the makefile, but now you know how to add compilateur linker flags for the future/compileing other things.

MrPen99

(07-23-2009, 02:23 PM)g-man_emu-gamer Wrote: [ -> ]The makefile in glew has gotten really outdated and will no longer detect your os if you are running os x. This applies to compiling both the 32 and 64 bit versions of glew using the makefile. To add -arch x86_64 as a compilateur linker flag simply type "make -arch x86_64" in your terminal this still won't be fixing the problem with the makefile, but now you know how to add compilateur linker flags for the future/compileing other things.

Thank you so much! After I do that do I type "make" in Terminal? If so It still gives me the same error. How would I fix it?

Thanks