Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart won't start - multiple stream errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

fdiddy

I have both Mario Kart DD and Super Mario Sunshine. When I open MKDD, I hear the kid voice saying nintendo and I get about 40-60 fps. As soon as that part is finished, I get "postmx stream not supported 36" error and then "postmx stream not supported 28". After I've clicked through the two errors, my framerate drops to about 2 FPS and I see what looks like a face and wings bouncing. This goes on forever until I close the program, no amount of button pressings changes it.

When I open SMS I see the red nintendo logo. Then I hear a plan fly by and then dialog starts, but the screen is always black. This game's FPS is a little better, hovering around 20-25.

Also, both games are opening in a new window, and when I click the full screen button on the program, the screen with nothing on it is full-screened, minimizing the video screen.

How (if?) can I make these work and can I make them work any faster.

Specs are Athlon 64 x2 1.9GHz, Radeon 2400 Pro, 2 GB ram.

Thanks for the help.
Known issues with the current DirectX plugin, download an older revision with the older DirectX video plugin or use the OpenGL plugin if your computer can handle it.

Generally any revision prior to 3545 or 357x and the DirectX plugin from around the 2xxx revisions is fine. Just to inform you, the DirectX plugin is quite buggy and contains a lot of graphical issues that were fixed in the OpenGL plugin. It also might not solve the graphical problems you are experiencing.

The developers primary focus seems to be on the OpenGL plugin, the DirectX plugin has not received any updates or fixes for over a thousand revisions now if you exclude the minor fix that was applied when the plugin specifications changed.

As to why their focus is on OpenGL, my guess is because it is multi-platform and easier to work with, where DirectX is tied to Windows only.

Also your processor is quite weak, don't expect very good frame rates or speed in Dolphin. Wink