Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: To run Xenoblade...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mechachu

Hello! So I'm attempting to get xenoblade running on my friends pc at a decent speed. Is it possible with this? Core2quad 2.4ghz (unsure of exact model) 4gb ram and an nvidia 8800gt (unsure of exact specs since I'm not there currently). Best we are able to get is 15fps during the first tutorial fight and that drops to 5 quite a bit. We've messed with the settings quite a bit.

So is this just too weak for it? Would a better video card help or would that be bottlenecked by the cpu? Any recommendations on a pretty cheap video card if that's what's needed?

Thank you Big Grin
(05-01-2013, 09:00 AM)Mechachu Wrote: [ -> ]So is this just too weak for it?

It's too weak for this game.

(05-01-2013, 09:00 AM)Mechachu Wrote: [ -> ]Would a better video card help or would that be bottlenecked by the cpu?

It won't help that much

Mechachu

What about overclocking the cpu?

Also it is the q6600
This would definitely help to some extent, if you have a g0 stepping you should be able to hit 3.2ghz without trouble assuming your cooling is reasonable.

Mechachu

Hmm well I hope I can get it going. He just bought a bunch of which stuff to play games on his computer xD
Q6600 @ 3.2 is not fast enough for latest Dolphin
Use older version - Dolphin 3.5 145 and these settings(post # 126)
A 8800GT should handle 3x Internal Resolution , no AA , 16xAF
For Xenoblade, you'll actually more likely want the most recent revision since it has new-ax-hle v2, thus removing the LLE pseudo-requirement for decent audio. Also, on current revs you'll want to check "Hacked Buffer Upload" as it gives a decent speedup on Nvidia cards.
He will have to do a suicide overclock (3.6GHz or higher) if he want to use latest Dolphin
I tried latest Dolphin with this laptop . Lag spikes and FPS drops ruining my game experience
lolwhatever dolphin sux at performance
(05-01-2013, 10:24 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Q6600 @ 3.2 is not fast enough for latest Dolphin

This. And it won't be enough if he plans to play demanding games (even with old builds). Not sure it's enough for Xenoblade