Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: ask if 3570 enough to play NSMB full speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello i want to ask if i5 3570(without K) can run new super mario bros wii at full speed 60fps with efb to ram?
With single player , yes
With multi players , probably no (the more player you add the more slowdown you will get)
If"Enable Cache" option is turned on , you will get more FPS than leaving it off
(04-30-2013, 01:39 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]With single player , yes
With multi players , probably no (the more player you add the more slowdown you will get)
If"Enable Cache" option is turned on , you will get more FPS than leaving it off
i want to play it in single player with spinning yellow coin and blue
coin....and now with my pentium g2010 i just got 30~40 fps if i turn on the coin effect....
are you sure i can get stable 60 fps if i turn on "efb to ram" and turn off "enable cache"?
i just want to upgrade my processor if it really can turn on all the effect....if it can't,i think i will use the money to buy new gpu and wait for haswell
The 3570 probably will be able to, but if in doubt, just get the "K" version so that you can overclock if you need to.
And if you can't get full-speed in NSMB with 3570k (or even 3570) no processor will be able to Tongue
you should be fine if your doing single player but i get some minor slowdowns (roughly 85-88% speed) with playing even with 2 players on some levels with mine overclocked.

single player it runs smooth as butter.
(04-30-2013, 02:59 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]The 3570 probably will be able to, but if in doubt, just get the "K" version so that you can overclock if you need to.
(04-30-2013, 03:50 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]And if you can't get full-speed in NSMB with 3570k (or even 3570) no processor will be able to Tongue
well...after i change to directx 11, i got 48~55 fps and i think i could get 60fps stable if i get i5 3570(600mhz increased speed from my current processor)
(05-01-2013, 03:30 AM)Venomx1 Wrote: [ -> ]you should be fine if your doing single player but i get some minor slowdowns (roughly 85-88% speed) with playing even with 2 players on some levels with mine overclocked.

single player it runs smooth as butter.
thanks for sharing your experience
(05-01-2013, 03:49 PM)MoonShell Wrote: [ -> ]well...after i change to directx 11, i got 48~55 fps and i think i could get 60fps stable if i get i5 3570(600mhz increased speed from my current processor)

In your profile you mentioned "3.5". Are you using the stable release or something like 3.5-XXX?
If you're using a recent build you could try Dolphin 3.5 or 3.0, or something older. These "old" builds might be faster.
After all NSMB doesn't necessarily need latest builds and improvements to work fine.