Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Just Dance 4 - [wii-network] Slow Emulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Execro

I've been having some problems whilst trying to run Just Dance 4. I initially was able to run Just Dance 4 at a good speed on the Dolphin 3.5 x64 Release build, however it would crash (looping sound, frozen screen) halfway through the first song (my understanding is that you must use wii-network branch as a work around due to some internet connectivity issues). I have since tried downloading several wii-network branch builds (including the latest 3.5-1382-x64) and although the game doesn't crash now, it runs slowly (~80% speed while playing).

The things I have attempted so far:
Disabled "Enable Idle Skipping"
Tried running in both HLE and LLE (with and without Dedicated Thread) with no noticeable difference between the two performance wise.
Ran with OpenGL and Direct3D9/11
Turned "Force Texture Filtering" to off.
Turned "Texture Cache Accuracy" down.
Have run at several resolutions from 640x480 all the way to 1920x1200, no noticeable difference in any of them (played both fullscreen and windowed).
Have tried "Skip EFB Access from CPU".

My PC specs:
Windows 7 x64
Intel i5-2500K @ 3.30GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Corsair 8GB RAM

In summary, I'm a bit stuck. I can either play Just Dance 4 on the release version (runs smoothly at 1920x1200) and have it crash half way through the song or play it on the wii-network build and have it run slowly without the crashes. Any help is greatly appreciated, let me know if I forgot to mention some vital information!
Try to overclock your CPU
Try wii-network 3.0-712...

Execro

Thanks for the replies! Have always wanted to avoid overclocking for some reason (don't ask me why, it was piss easy!) but took the plunge and overclocked to 4.5GHz (1.3V Vcore). The program now runs much more smoothly on the latest wii-network build (3.5-1382)!
please use this http://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/fe1f...3484fa2d5/ i have gotten excellent no crash and smooth performance on just dance games. i use intel i3 3225 and a asus geforce 650ti
I confirm using wii-network-3.0-712 is a very good choice for all just dance games :

Though I get 1 bug with Just Dance 4 (and not the others), always after the 1st song is played : a non blocking looping sound that plays during songs only and appears during players selection (a blop "confirmation" sound or a "slouch" wave like sound)

Does any one have the same problem and/or know how to solve it ? does it appears in 3.5 version (which is horribly slow even with last versions - any solution to this ) ?
Just to be sure, do you know that from 3.5-2143 and newer, JD3 and JD4 emulation are perfect with the default settings right? If you still get problems of sound, I bet to say that your machine is too weak (please update your profile, I don't see your system specs)...